Carbonate me

Options
I'm sure this has been a previous topic before .I have been drinking my water, but every now and then add in carbonated water (kiwi strawberry flavor!) to help me complete my daily amount. The thing is, I don't like carbonation, so i shake them and flatten it out before i drink it. :tongue: So, just how bad is that carbonated water for me? I was always curious as to what I'm getting myself into.

Replies

• Jump_Start
    Options
    I'm sure this has been a previous topic before .I have been drinking my water, but every now and then add in carbonated water (kiwi strawberry flavor!) to help me complete my daily amount. The thing is, I don't like carbonation, so i shake them and flatten it out before i drink it. :tongue: So, just how bad is that carbonated water for me? I was always curious as to what I'm getting myself into.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It's not, carbonation is just air. not bad for you. But if you don't like it carbonated anyway I recommened getting some of those Crystal Light to Go pouches(they come in Strawberry kiwi, and lots of other flavours). Add those to your water for like 10 cals. Or do like I do and just use half a pouch (I find a whole one much too sweet. It probably would come out less expensive for you than buying the carbonated kind. good luck!
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    if you like tea, why not add just a little bit of tea to the water for flavor? there's zero calories, zero fat, plus you'll be getting some antioxidants. obviously there's caffeine (although not nearly as much as soda's), but you can always get decaf. i have problems with drinking water and use this method. makes it easier for me to get my water intake for the day.

anyway, good luck!
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    There is water that comes from a natural spring and is carbonated by the earth with natural minerals.

Then there is water that is much cheaper, you buy it in any old grocery or convenience store, it usually comes in plastic bottles or aluminum cans, and it is carbonated by adding carbolic acid. I've heard this second type is bad for you because it leeches calcium out of your bones. I don't know if the other kind is bad for you, but I kind of think not.??

You can tell the difference by looking on the ingredients label, and if it says "carbonated water", it was made using carbolic acid. Usually the other kind will say something like "natural sparkling spring water from the XX spring in City, Country."

I don't know where I've heard where one is less bad for you than the other, but maybe someone else reading this can substantiate or disprove my claims???
  • Jump_Start
    Options
    thanks!