Snack suggestions please!!!

Options
Hi my fitness pals. I am looking for some healthy snack suggestions. I have a pretty good list but would appreciate any additional snack ideas to keep from getting burnt out

Here are the list of snacks I eat:
String cheese
Yoplait strawberry yougurt
Green seedless grapes
Apple slices w/ peanut butter
Skinny cow fudge bars
Quaker oatmeal bars
Kosher pickle

I am super picky so the list isnt too long lol. Thanks guys!

Replies

• chroi
    chroi Posts: 20
    Options
    I snack on Cracottes or Rice Cakes (you can get rice cakes with caramel and other flavours)
    Special K Mini breaks are just delicious too!
  • BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    If your craving chocolate ever Slim Fast Peanut Butter Crunch Time Snack bar tastes just like a Butterfinger :)
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bananas are my go-to snack!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My new found snack is the Smart Pop 100 calories packs... Makes me feel like I am eating alot but not really... I am all about the tricks! lol =D
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Protein shake made with fat free milk or water (I like GNC Pro Performance Whey Protein Powder Vanilla)
    air-popped popcorn
    banana with peanut butter
    nuts with dried fruit
    half a PB/Jelly sandwich on whole wheat
    a glass of chocolate milk (again, fat free milk or low fat)
    veges with hummus

Hope this helps.
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've been on a huge cauliflower kick lately - 1 cup of cauliflower with 1TB of light ranch dressing. helps me to get in a veggie too.
    sugar free jello with 2 tb free cool whip (no nutrional value though, lol - hey we can't be good ALL the time)
    apple with fat free caramel (or none)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    My favorite is cut up strawberries and sliced banana and you can top it off with a tbs of lite cool whip Yummy
  • jules2515
    jules2515 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can eat pretty much any snack, you just have to limit how much of it you eat. I will eat a serving of goldfish which is 140 calories for a mid morning or afternoon snack. Try soy beans. They are high in fiber and protein, but do have more calories than I'd like. Another suggestion would be tomatoes since they are a low calorie food. You could put just a smidge of salt if you have to have the salt. Try your grapes or yogurt frozen. I snack on granola bars or even eat them for breakfast (usually two :) ). Another idea would be to look at the fiber content of your foods. Fiber will keep you fuller longer.
  • cashforchunkers
    Options
    Animal crackers. Low fat, kinda sweet and filling.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    breakstone cottage cheese doubles - 100 calorie size
    Yoplait delights (for a sweet kick)
    wheat thin flatbread and laughing cow
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I cut up a cup of strawberries and sprinkle a packet of spenda on top for a sweet snack, goldfish crackers, graham crackers and skim milk. If you like yogurt and fruit you could do a smoothie - very yummy! I'll also do half an english muffin or half an arnold whole grain deli roll with peanut butter when I want something more substantial.
  • twonabunny
    Options
    I love taking wheat crackers and spread them with neufetchal(?) cheese then take a small piece of mostly thawed mango. It is crunchy, sweet, creamy, and cold all at the same time. Spicy hummus and veggies are awesome too.
  • syl312
    syl312 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My personal faves are unsalted almonds,
    celery & carrots w/ low fat dressing or alone,
    mountain trail mix from Fresh & Easy,
    sugar free popsicles,
    and edamame (the have the frozen bags and you can pop it in the microwave)..:smile:

GOOD LUCK...
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks for all the input ladies. I now have some awesome new snack ideas ;o)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Warm mixed berries topped with a crispy granola topping—it's simply delicious! From eatbetteramerica.
    Prep Time:10 min
    Start to Finish:1 hr
    makes:9 servings

1 bag (8 oz) Cascadian Farm® frozen organic blueberries
    1 bag (10 oz) Cascadian Farm® frozen organic strawberries
    1 bag (10 oz) Cascadian Farm® frozen organic raspberries
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 cups Cascadian Farm® organic oats & honey granola
    Vanilla reduced-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired
    1. Heat oven to 375°F. In ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish, mix frozen berries, sugar and flour until fruit is coated. Bake 20 minutes.
    2. Stir. Sprinkle with granola.
    3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until light golden brown and bubbly. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream.
    High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 1, bake 25 minutes. In step 3, bake 18-23 minutes.
  • ldb316
    ldb316 Posts: 13
    Options
    plain greek yogurt from Trader Joe's with a palm full of unsalted sunflower seeds!
  • lot013
    lot013 Posts: 53
    Options
    The new Nature's Valley Granola Thins (Dark Chocolate to satisfy that chocolate craving or Peanut Butter) help me with the snacking urge. I drink a 16 oz bottle of water & one of these to quench hunger pains... Lite peaches (in pear juice) are good too (add a teaspon of natural peanut butter, you'll be totally surprised how well those 2 go together!)

Hope this helps.