Lifting Progress Pics

Options
fitandgeeky
fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
A little bit of background - I started getting back into shape on the first of the year when I downloaded MFP's app to my phone. I was 144 lbs and not happy with myself. I did the dumb thing and followed the recommendation of 1280 calories. I also did cardio, but wasn't logging my exercise at the time. Needless to say, I was hungry. I lost weight, but I wasn't happy with my results. When I joined the online community, I learned a lot. Three weeks ago I decided to start lifting. I learned some more by lurking here in the forums and paying attention to the members who had achieved the results I was looking for. I upped my calories, dialed down my cardio, started paying attention to my macros and started lifting heavy. The results have been great. I'm not where I want to be, but I am on my way :smile:

Three weeks ago - 131 lbs, 31% bf, 31 inch waist, 38 inch hips, 37 inch bust

131a_zps7b0ca863.jpg

131b_zps0bdb5d30.jpg

Today - 132 lbs, 29% bf, 29 inch waist, 37 inch hips, 36 inch bust

132a_zps6ce9f86e.jpg

132b_zps290e6d6f.jpg

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    wonderful job!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!! Keep it up!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    3 weeks :love: awesome job!
  • j4zepedajj
    Options
    Thats FANTASTIC!!! Great JOB!
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    great!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow- great job!
  • Anewcrys
    Anewcrys Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job! Everytime I go to the gym, there hardly never any girls lifting! I'm like ladies you want to get rid of that fat you have to lift!!!!
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Great job! I've just started lifting too for exactly the same reasons!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!!
  • lmbigsby
    lmbigsby Posts: 36
    Options
    That is fantastic progress. I have been using MFP for almost a year for recording my calories and exercise but kept plateauing and not progressing. In September I found Venus Index, a lifting program with the most amazing community of supportive women ever. During my first 12 weeks I lost 20 lbs and gained muscle and the upper body strength I have always wanted. I am currently in week 8 of my second 12 week phase and having the same amazing results. Good luck, you are doing amazing.
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    great work !!! I'm doing the same thing!!
  • jojeh2011
    jojeh2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    can you share exactly what your lifting regimen is? I would love to start lifting because while i've lost a lot of weight, i still kinda feel "skinny fat"... would love to see more muscle definition in my abs, legs, and arms. but i just don't know where to start.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome and inspiring. I have tackled it in the opposite direction .
    I have been lifting as part of my training, for about a year, and it was suggested that I increase my cardio outside the lifting. I love seeing the fat disappear and those muscles start to peek out. I think women who lift ROCK!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You look great! Can I ask what your macro settings are?
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great job! - can you share your workout schedule and target calories/macros? That's a pretty noticeable difference in just 3 weeks.

I also stopped focusing on the scale and focusing more on shaping my body. I completed 1 round of ChaLEAN Extreme and started to like the results. I would have done better if my eating was more on target.

I just stared Stronglifts 5X5 on Saturday, doing that every other day and yoga or running on alternate days. I eat 1800-2200 calories per day and try to eat 150g protein daily.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    AMAZING - BIG INSPIRATION :happy:
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great results! I also stumbled upon lifting the same way--lurking in the forums here! Though I'm pretty sure I didn't have amazing results after 3 weeks!!
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I'm in the same boat right now! I'm at 144 and don't know what to do next..how much did you up your calories? and how many times a week do you strength train?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!