I learned this on the Biggest Looser Last night.

Options
For every 3,500 calories burned = 1 llb of weight loss. Wow thats alot I better get to the gym! ..:smile:

Replies

• hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Conversely, for every 3500 calories not eaten below maintenance = 1 lb. of weight loss
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well, that just sucks. I guess i got a more time of working out
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    really??? for ever 3500 calories, 1 lb is gone O_O wow... that mean in a week i should do all together 3500 calories burn O_O well i can do that :D if i do 600 calories everyday :wink:
  • nathaliexol
    Options
    really??? for ever 3500 calories, 1 lb is gone O_O wow... that mean in a week i should do all together 3500 calories burn O_O well i can do that :D if i do 600 calories everyday :wink:

and 600 cal is like what 3 hrs of the Shred? LOL oh boy...
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I learned that Extra gum can help control cravings!

Actually I don't think they pimped Extra last night, but I am chewing a piece of Mango Smoothie right now. :laugh:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Now you know why MFP automatically puts everyone at a 500 calorie deficit every day if they want to lose 1 lb a week :bigsmile:

I do the 1 lb a week and try to get more off by not eating all my exercise calories most of the time.
  • nathaliexol
    Options
    Now you know why MFP automatically puts everyone at a 500 calorie deficit every day if they want to lose 1 lb a week :bigsmile:

I do the 1 lb a week and try to get more off by not eating all my exercise calories most of the time.

MFP is killing me!..in a good way I guess
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    It doesn't always work out this way - don't everybody think they bust their *kitten* to burn off 3,500 in a week and they'll automatically lose 1 lb. I've been close to if not OVER 3,500 the last 3 weeks and haven't lost 1 lb. per week in that time. You really have to watch what you eat, not go over on salt, drink tons of water, get enough fiber so you're pooping out the weight, etc. and maybe you'll lose 1 lb.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It doesn't always work out this way - don't everybody think they bust their *kitten* to burn off 3,500 in a week and they'll automatically lose 1 lb. I've been close to if not OVER 3,500 the last 3 weeks and haven't lost 1 lb. per week in that time. You really have to watch what you eat, not go over on salt, drink tons of water, get enough fiber so you're pooping out the weight, etc. and maybe you'll lose 1 lb.
    Maybe you're not eating enough?
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Dont forget to eat lots of protien. If you bust your hump working out and you dont eat enough protien or work your muscles (IE all cardio with low calories) Then your body is going to hang onto your fat like crazy and start cannibalizing your muscles. I read in another thread explained in terms I can understand...if you could drink a glass of cooking oil or eat a peice of chicken for energy, which would you eat? Your body's going to go for the protien too, dont think it'll readily burn fat. If you exert yourself working out you need to eat alot more.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Its not as straight forward as you think....You have to watch what you eat....you can burn 3500 calories working out....but overeat and not loose a single pound

So there are alot of stuff to take into account for the weight loss.
  • marquesj
    marquesj Posts: 47
    Options
    I think all of your comments were great.. What I am doing and it seems to be working is eat my allowed calories for the day and try not to eat all the extra calories I earn from working out. Therefore I will loose!