Women: Something to Consider Regarding BF%

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Very interesting stuff. My best friend ran division 1 cross country in college, and among some of her teammates it was a badge of pride to get so thin you stopped having a period. She found it concerning (as do I!) and I can't help but wonder if in a few years years those women are going to find themselves having great difficulty conceiving.

Nothing wrong with preferring the look of less body fat, and for many women fertility is simply not a concern, but always best to consider what effect looks may have on your health in either direction- too much fat or not enough. Very important point OP!

Thank you. For far too long i allowed my aesthetic ideal to compromise my health and now I'm laying for it--emotionally, financially, and physically. I wish I had known better.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I recently went paleo, and dropped from 19%bf to 16% bf, my period is nonexistant now, I am not pregnant, but beginning to think my new diet and excessive exercising, as I starting weight lifting as well when I changed diets, has me messed up, I am concerned. Can 't win :indifferent:

Do a search for "Go Kaleo"

Interesting but i didn't lose weight, just fat, I think I gained weight in muscle. we will see what the doc says ! and I eat...alot!!!