UPA - Unscheduled Physical Activity

Options
Happy Thursday Y'all - I had a a minor PA victory yesterday that I'd like to share:

I was traveling yesterday and ended up getting stuck at DFW Airport for an extended period when I missed my connecting flight due to a weather delay. The next 3 flights out were 100% full with no stand-by options available. Pissed and frustrated that I would now be in Dallas until after 9pm, I resigned myself to go and figure out what to do with the extra hours now on my hands.

When faced with similar situations in the past, I would normally spend that extra time chillin' at one of the restaurants while downing a nice plate of "snacks", having a cocktail or two and maybe finishing things off with a Cinnabon or giant pretzel to the tune of what was likely an extra 2,500-3,000 calories or so.

These days, however, that option is not in the gameplan so I figured that I'd just set up my computer and pass the time along by getting some work done.

I was just about to plug the computer cord into the outlet when a voice popped into my head saying: "Hey Lardo, you got this extra time, go move your *kitten* and get some excercise in".

Realized that was not such a bad idea at all so I packed up the electronics and decided that I would challenge myself to see if I could walk the entire Terminals A, B, C, D and E circuit with the time on hand.

Fun Fact: DFW Airport has 196 gates spread over 5 seperate terminals. I ended up visiting each and every one yesterday evening while carring my 25-30 pound computer bag (packed to the gills with my computer, hard drive and a ton of books) weighing me down as extra ballast. Even got some stair training in as there are multiple areas at the airport where you need to cross the highway by way of sky bridge to get to adjacent terminals.

In any event, it felt good to turn the frustration of the missed connection into a chance for some unscheduled physical activity.

Definately would NOT have made that choice a few short months ago.

Had a nice reward this morning as well for staying on task this past week while away from home. Stepped on the scale for the first time in a week and was a bit uncertain what the result would be.

Turned out to be a good week with a 3.5 pound loss - even when faced with the challenge of trying to squeeze in PA and watching my daily intake while away from home.

That said, I'm really interested in hearing what are some of y'alls own success storieswith respect to squeezing in some UPA - Unscheduled Physical Activity into your own busy lives?

Go ahead and share those successes below!