Abs are toning but what about the 'love handles'

Options
Just asking for suggestions:
The little bit of 'padding' on my hips in the back.
Mostly clean diet to lose or what specific exercises have you found successful for toning/losing in this area?

Thank ya much!

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    You need to burn more fat, simple as that.
  • sarahaldinger
    sarahaldinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Continue what I'm doing and it'll get there?
    I've seen progress with my current regimen; just wasn't sure if there was something I was missing.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I always had abs, and now my obliques are popping out... Healthier eating and cardio has been working for me :drinker:
  • sarahaldinger
    Options
    With summer coming, I'll definitely be upping my cardio! Woo!! :D
  • KY2022runner
    KY2022runner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    so do you all do different crunches for the obliques. I am haing the same situation and I have been eatting (in general) lower fat higher protein.
  • sarahaldinger
    Options
    I do side crunches and reverse crunches. Not sure if that's helpful or not but I do them anyway. haha.
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    I work with a RD (Registered Dietitian) and since I am overall healthy and am in the "normal" category, she explains the importance of carbs, to make sure that me at 165 pounds, to make sure I have about 70-90 grams of carbs prior to workout with gatorade during the workout. Protein after the workout so the body is energized properly. I am sure there will be mixed results and what not, but I have been taking her advice and it is paying off. The ratio of calories are important and are suited differently per persons needs.

whew...anyway,

I do alot of twisting ab workouts, hanging leg raises, I use the ab wheel and arc it, inclined sit-ups twisting and alternating. No specifice reps, just 1 min of as hard as you want to push it (I push hard) and 40 sec rest for 2 sets then off to a different work style.
  • KY2022runner
    KY2022runner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So are you doing HIIT or anything like that as well?
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Is that you in the profile pic? Cause I dont see any love handles! Not sure what advice to give just wanted you to know I think your stomach and lack of love handles looks awesome =) Good work!
  • sarahaldinger
    Options
    I'm currently doing the couch to 5k program -- never been much of a runner or cardio person but this has definitely helped with that.
    I'm just about done with the program.
    What would you suggest upon completion for HIIT?
  • sarahaldinger
    Options

I do alot of twisting ab workouts, hanging leg raises, I use the ab wheel and arc it, inclined sit-ups twisting and alternating. No specifice reps, just 1 min of as hard as you want to push it (I push hard) and 40 sec rest for 2 sets then off to a different work style.

I like this!
    I'm always counting reps but I like the idea of doing it for specific time interval. I'm gonna try this!
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    all my workouts are circuit training exercising, I bring my A+++ game alot and try to randomize my heartrate with HIIT style...
  • MikeyD1280
    Options

I like this!
    I'm always counting reps but I like the idea of doing it for specific time interval. I'm gonna try this!

doing it this way challenges you to go past your goal, but to remain in solid form. We switch up how to do it such as, full range of motion with a hold in the half way point then pulsing the last part every one in a while. The workouts are never routine...