Help me readjust my goal PLEASE

Options
My starting weight : 269 on November 3rd, 2009
Current weight 212.8 on april 21st,2010

First BIG goal WAS to be under 200 by my birthday which is in exactly 13 weeks.

I was going to be happy at 199.9.. seriously.. just to get under 200

But it's my 21st birthday and truth be told,there will be ALOT of alcohol consumed.

Once I get under 200, I never want to see it again! How much should I aim to lose by my birthday so that the next day I'm not over 200? Would 195 do it.. or will I retain more water than that???

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    If you go for 195 that should allow you all the wiggle room you need. But I wouldn't stress. If you go up a couple of pounds from celebrating, it will come off quickly since you will likely be retaining water. Don't let your mind mess with your success.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 lbs after my 21st (last week) so I'd say having a 5-lb. leeway would be safe. :happy: Have fun!!! Also, what I did... I made sure to count all my calories for the day just like any normal day. I tried to burn as many as I could during the day, worked out in the morning...and only ended up going over my calories about 150. Check out April 12 in my diary if you need some idea of how much I drank. If you stick with shots, you should be fine!!! Plus, you get more drunk that way - or easier. :tongue:

Since you have 13 weeks...I would say try to lose no more than 13 realistically but what I did to lose 5 lbs. in 2 weeks (I ended up losing 4), I kicked up my cardio, made sure I stayed within my calories EVERYDAY and the main nutrients I watched to make sure I didn't go over were a) duh - calories, b) carbs, c) fat. Make sure you're getting LOTS of fiber and protein... and those are my tips! Good luck, babe!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Thank you very much, I just never ever want to see 200 again! lol.
    My family reunion is the week after my birthday, and if I'm at 199, when people ask I can say I'm down 70 lbs... I don't see my family often, and I kinda just need to be able to say that.. lol ya know
    If you go for 195 that should allow you all the wiggle room you need. But I wouldn't stress. If you go up a couple of pounds from celebrating, it will come off quickly since you will likely be retaining water. Don't let your mind mess with your success.
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Thank you.. I've been losing about a pound a week, so it worked out perfectly that today I weighed in at 212.8.. since I have 13 weeks to lose 12.9 lbs.. I'm going to check out your diary.. I'm assuming you had fun.. I should figure out the calories before hand, and only drink that much.. IDK though since I'm going out with my friends that are 23-24 and have been dying for the day I could go to the bar with them.. lol

I gained 3 lbs after my 21st (last week) so I'd say having a 5-lb. leeway would be safe. :happy: Have fun!!! Also, what I did... I made sure to count all my calories for the day just like any normal day. I tried to burn as many as I could during the day, worked out in the morning...and only ended up going over my calories about 150. Check out April 12 in my diary if you need some idea of how much I drank. If you stick with shots, you should be fine!!! Plus, you get more drunk that way - or easier. :tongue:

Since you have 13 weeks...I would say try to lose no more than 13 realistically but what I did to lose 5 lbs. in 2 weeks (I ended up losing 4), I kicked up my cardio, made sure I stayed within my calories EVERYDAY and the main nutrients I watched to make sure I didn't go over were a) duh - calories, b) carbs, c) fat. Make sure you're getting LOTS of fiber and protein... and those are my tips! Good luck, babe!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You are doing so well, you must be so proud of yourself. I would try and lose 13-15lbs by then and don't weigh yourself the day after. Go immediately back to your counting and make sure to hydrate hydrate hydrate, because it sounds like you're cruising for a massive hangover.
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    Thank you.. I've been losing about a pound a week, so it worked out perfectly that today I weighed in at 212.8.. since I have 13 weeks to lose 12.9 lbs.. I'm going to check out your diary.. I'm assuming you had fun.. I should figure out the calories before hand, and only drink that much.. IDK though since I'm going out with my friends that are 23-24 and have been dying for the day I could go to the bar with them.. lol

figure out your cals before hand but don't be hard on yourself if you go over. Your only 21 ONCE. and like others have said if you go over a bit and gain a little you can work it off the following week. Enjoy your birthday. Mines next week (I'm older then 21 :laugh: ) and I'm going out for all you can eat sushi and I'm not even going to log that night. It's my BD I'm working exta hard this week to hopefully lose an extra lbs this week so If I gain it back on the weekend oh well.. You need to let yourself have fun once in a while, as long as its not every weeekend its a good thing.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options

Honestly, I just burned a ton... didn't really need heavy duty snacks and then I looked at Applebee's low cal menu and picked the one that was the lowest (380 for the whole thing - which I ended up eating, plus some other stuff I didn't record - but I got basically everything) and most delicious and then ended up with between 550-600 extra calories for alcohol... AFTER I'd already put in one drink (that I didn't end up drinking, which gave me close to 300 MORE calories) so I just went in with an idea. Everyone told me, it's your birthday, don't worry about it, so I didn't!! I went out with friends ranging in 22-32 and I basically just did shots and it ended up okay!!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    I am, thank you. I have my days that Istill feel like a tub of lard.. but I work through them by doing my hair, nails and make up really cute.. lol. I am sure Iwill be dead the next day.. I have a babysitter for the Saturday I will be going out and Sunday morning until 1 already lined up.. lol.
    Thanks for the hydration tip..
    WOW!! You are doing so well, you must be so proud of yourself. I would try and lose 13-15lbs by then and don't weigh yourself the day after. Go immediately back to your counting and make sure to hydrate hydrate hydrate, because it sounds like you're cruising for a massive hangover.
  • NewMe80xoxo
    NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
    Options
    I think you shoul try to get to 190!!!
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just an anti-hangover tip from me....

Drink only water all day before you go out, and watch your salt intake all day, and then have one glass for every alcoholic beverage you drink while you're out. Have a glass before bed.

90% of a hangover is dehydration. It really REALLY helps.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    agree with the hangover tips ^^

I would say that if you shoot for 1.5 a week....even if a couple of the weeks you're at 1 lb it should put you around 194 :) That seems like good wiggle room :)

1 more word of advice...**DO NOT** save your calories for alcohol by not eating...,,,it's your 21st bday you wanna be able to drink what you want WITHOUT worrying about passing out or blacking out (like yours truly does) I made the mistake of not eating shortly after I turned 21 when I drank cause I thought I was saving calories....blacked out and made a fool of myself!! That's a fast track to alcohol poisoning! Other than that.. :) Have fun girl! and GREAT JOB on your weight loss so far!! That's something to be proud of :)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Just try with your original goal. A week of drinking water, exercising, and eating right will take any weight gained that night away. Just don't weigh yourself for a week afterward. It'll all be fine.