help me with my confusion

Options
hi everyone...so i am 5'3" and 192 pounds(actually lost 11 pounds since jan 6).So my biggest issue is same as many ...how many cal should i really eat...my BMR acc to mfp is 1560..bt i am afraid to eat that much..bt if i eat 1200 i feel miserable.i have been trying to eat 1400 cal and i workout 2 times a day...mornings i do mostly jillian michaels dvd.. and evening i walk for 30 minutes.i hv to loose 30 pounds by june ...so plz help .

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You feel miserable but still want to starve yourself? That's crazy talk! Check out all the In Place of a Roadmap links and the fat2fit website to get your calorie goal.
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ya i did that..did u really ate that high and still lose weight ...plz reply
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    BMR is the "keep the lights on" level of calroies. It's not the sum total of eveyrthing you're burning!! If you really calculated your BMR, you should try not to go below it.

When you say "According to MFP" do you mean that you put in your height and weight and acttivity level and desired loss per week and MFP gave you 1560 a day? Then that means they calculated your approximate TDEE (total energy you need to do your daily tasks) and have already subtracted to get you a deficit you need to lose. Going lower isn't necessary, and may actually slow down your loss rather than speeding it up.

If you look around, you'll see lots of people who are losing weeight steadily on much more than the 1200 calories per day taht all the women's magazines say is necessary for women to lose on. For some short and sedentary people, 1200 may be the right level, but there's absolutely nothing that says that it's some kind of necessary limit for everyone!