How many inches per pants size

lovingmyjaybird
lovingmyjaybird Posts: 153
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So I started my weight loss journey in a tight 22.. I am now in a loose 17 (juniors) or a loose 16 (misses) but super tight 14/15. I am down 56 lbs, and I have no idea how many inches.. since I just started measuring inches.. I have 28lbs left untilthe high end of my healthy weight.. Everyone keeps asking me when will you stop.. when are you going to be happy with your body?

When I'm in a size 8/9.. and inside my healthy weight range..

How many inches is it per pants size.. does anyone know??

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I'm not sure... I'm fitting comfortably in the waist of a 14 and my waist last measured 33"... if that gives you any indicator?
  • Murdog
    Murdog Posts: 70
    It seems that there are a lot of variables, doesn't it? But, this is a great question though. If someone knows--please speak up. I want to know, too.
  • I am guessing these people who ask you when you will stop dont understand you have made a life style change and a commitment to be healthy. I am sure if you are eating healthy you wont loose weight until you disappear.

Also I think the difference in inches between women's pants sizes changes as you get to smaller sizes there is a smaller difference between sizes. I think a 22 is around a 42 - 44 inch waist and a 16 is about a 36 inch as compared to mens jeans.

Good luck keep up the great work.
  • salyha01
    salyha01 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm not too sure either but I'm a comfortable 10 at 30 inches and at 28 inches I'm a fitted 8 (size 29 waist- what I'm trying to get back to...)

What I do know is that at least w/jeans the typical measurements (taking into account that all are a bit different depending on brand/style) is:

28 inches= size 6
    29 inches= size 8
    30 inches= size 10
    31 inches= size 12

Maybe it's every couple inches changes your size....

Does that help at all?
  • They are basically asking when I'll be done losing weight.. and be happy just maintaining weight.. lol.. Thanks you
    I am guessing these people who ask you when you will stop dont understand you have made a life style change and a commitment to be healthy. I am sure if you are eating healthy you wont loose weight until you disappear.

Also I think the difference in inches between women's pants sizes changes as you get to smaller sizes there is a smaller difference between sizes. I think a 22 is around a 42 - 44 inch waist and a 16 is about a 36 inch as compared to mens jeans.

Good luck keep up the great work.
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    I'm not sure... I'm fitting comfortably in the waist of a 14 and my waist last measured 33"... if that gives you any indicator?

ME TOO!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Those seem about right because I'm wearing a Tommy Hilfiger 14 and their site says the waist is 33.5 and Levi says their waist for a 14 (which I'm wearing) is 32-33 1/2. And I was thinking I should be smaller...now I feel better.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    I started as a snug size 12 and am currently a comfortable size 8. I've lost 6 inches in my waist and about 4 inches in my hips if that helps.
This discussion has been closed.