Anyone with digestive disorders?

Options
2»

Replies

• littlelu222
    Options
    That actually sound quite a bit like irritable bowel syndrome, unless you and your doc have considered that and already ruled it out? What they used to call 'spastic colon' is now part of the irritable bowel syndrome collective of symptoms/descriptions.

Ask your doc if this could be your problem. There are some meds that help regulate the motility of the colon that can help.

Yup. Doctor didn't really think that was it, but gave me some prescriptions; none of them changed any of my symptoms though.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't mess around with digestive disorders. One of my close friends actually died this way. She had Crohn's and colitis and was trying to be strong and push through the pain. She ended up in a coma for 3 weeks before her family took her off life support. Prior to this she had been stable for close to 5 years.

So sorry about your friend, Zelinna.
  • xoalynnxo
    xoalynnxo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Meg, and I joined on Monday. I have a lot of digestive issues, basically Chrohn's. I do not have Crohn's, but my body acts like it does. I can eat very little foods, especially veggies. I wondered if there was anyone here that has similar issues and if so, what you have done to improve. I am trying to follow the low FODMAP foods, and Paleo diet (about 90%).

I have lost about 20 pounds since December, with most of that the first 5 weeks. I have slowed, and get discouraged sometimes. But, I am seeing loss in inches, and I am working out. So, I know it will kick back in, especially now that I am tracking my calories. I had a big aha recently, I wasn't eating enough. Whaaaaat? : )

Thank you!

Cuppy Meg

Cuppy Meg! I think you may be my lady soul mate! 5 yrs ago I went to a GI dr with issues like Crohn's as well. I don't have Crohn's either but my body acts like it does. I was also diagnosed with gastroparesis a year ago. I'd love to get to know you better. I'm so sorry you have those issues but hearing you say what you did makes me not feel so alone. Friend me if you'd like to help motivate each other to our goals while dealing with similar issues. I've also tried paleo and low FODMAP

Ashley
  • cuppycakesmeg
    Options
    I am sorry for not replying in so long. I have since seen a nutritionist that says it definitely doesn't sound like IBS. she urges me to get a second opinion. My general doctor says it can still be Crohns. She has called in a referral for a second opinion. I am just waiting to hear from that doc about what type of appointment I need.

I see my gynecologist tomorrow, as I am sure I have another adhesion on my intestines. I am in a bad way as far as that. Swelling in upper right quadrant of pelvic region. Same place and symptom as before. I about passed out Sunday when voiding. I almost went to the ER. I have researched and found an adhesive disorder, and wonder if this could be what I have. I am having to quit volunteer responsibilities due to my health. Things I love doing. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. It hurts just to do laundry and dishes. If I do have an adhesion, the only way to know is through surgery. This makes it more likely to get them, but it is the only way I have found there is to treat the adhesion. I feel I have them in other areas too, and hope if I do they are found. I believe he will schedule surgery.

I just want answers.

Thank you all for your help and guidance.