My first nsv!!!

Options
Hi everyone! Just wanted to share with people who understand that every bit of progress is a victory. I bought an elliptical about a month ago; hopped on thinking I would do 20 mins or so for my first time and I literally lasted 47 seconds. That thing is hard! That made me feel horrible but it was a big wake up call. After feeling sorry for myself for a month, i restarted mfp and the elliptical 6 days ago and have lost 5 lbs! but I'm more excited that I just did 10 min straight! i know that's nothing for you guys but I have really been pushing myself. I know I can be up to 25 or 30 mins within a couple weeks. I also have 30ds that I'm going to start on Monday. This time feels totally different and i know I will succeed! The difference is every time i have tried to lose weight in the past it was to look better but i honestly dont care about looks so that wasnt motivating enough. this time i want to be fit and a good example to my kids. im tired of missing out on the fun stuff in life just because i didnt feel like pushing myself. I have been reading the message boards constantly and you're all so inspiring! So excited for this year!

Replies

• bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My enemy is the treadmill. I literally have to lie to myself to finish a workout on it. (Just one more minute then you can quit. See how easy that minute was? You can do 3 more...). You'll get to where you want to be.. Just keep pushing yourself!:smile:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress! That is awesome! Stick with it!! It's amazing how doing this changes your mind as much as your body!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Well done hun. :bigsmile: I'm upto 6 mins straight :laugh:
  • leanbody4life
    leanbody4life Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey Great Job on not giving up !! It is tough to get started but the more you do today will make it that much easier tomorrow. Baby steps cause this is for life.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    good job...

that is the way i felt about spinning; i finally tried it couldnt feel my legs the next day but those pains will go away the next time i try it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!