During this journey what have you learned about yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love me, everything about me. I love my drive, my laugh, my committment, my desire to be healthy and whole. I spoke with someone today who couldn't say those things about her self and I was sympathetic. It is important to know that although not perfect, I love me.

I hope that each day you wake you can learn something new about yourself and learn to embrace it. Make modifications if needed, but don't hate you, redefine you. This is what we are doing here on this site, we are embracing who we are, who we were, and making ourselves into the people we want to people. This journey isn't just physical it is mental. It is about controlling the thoughts and emotions that have long controlled you.

Take a minute and affirm your journey with a positive word about the person you are becoming.

I love me so that makes it easy for me to say, "I LOVE YOU"! Each day make a choice that leads to another DAY!

Be blessed!

^That....

....deserves this....

applause_754962_GIFSoup_com_zps7eee8600.gif

Thanks and keep up the good work. Your loss is inspiring!
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    The self-improvement mentality that I'm gaining regarding my health is transferring to other areas of my life.

That the more time and input I get from positive sites like this, the more motivated I am.
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    I have learned that as soon as I get attention due to my weight loss that I self sabotage because I want to be appreciated for my smarts and attitude not my visual appearance.

DEEP subject!

Ironically, I think your visual appearance often times supports the fact that you are smart with a great attitude. You must show lots of character and kindness for others to even feel comfortable complimenting you. Get use to compliments, you are awesome and getting better each day!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i learned that i really enjoy exercise, and that i don't have to eat junk to feel happy. :smile:
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    I have learned that anything worth having is really worth fighting for, and this race to be thin and healthy is not given to the swift, but to the ones that endure to the end. That being said, I am determine to burst my plateau. I am my best motivator. I lost most of my weight before starting MFP. Now, however, I seem to be stuck, but this to shall past. I love the thinner me. However, it's a fight with me to stay in this war to be thin.

Love the biblical quotes tied in! You have already won! You prove daily that you are a winner and are going to be successful! Believe and walk in your victory!
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    I'm happy... like all the time... it's a little weird. people have noticed... idk how I feel about that lmao!

Awesome, you should be happy. You are doing something great for yourself and inspiring others! Keep it up!
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    I've learned that it's not about the number on the scale and that we are all much stronger than we think we are.

LOVE IT !!!!
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    I love you! And I love me! I know! Sounds like Barney.... seriously though, very nice positive thoughts!

I learned that once you achieve your goals, you never forget what you learned to get there. If you fall (for a long period of time), you can still get back up, start over and get back on track. We are resilient!

And don't be afraid to try new things!

Beautiful thoughts!
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    I've learned that it's not about the number on the scale and that we are all much stronger than we think we are.

Now that is a lesson, I must learn. Offering any classes!!!!
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I can't say I love me. I can say I like what I am on the inside (mostly), but I hate the shape (out-of-shape) my body is in and am very angry at myself for letting me get this way. I know this is unhealthy, but that's the way it is. As I lose the weight I think I will be able to be proud of myself and start forgiving. We shall see. Unfortunately I have also had to face down my laziness and that is an ongoing battle as well. It helps that I feel better working out daily so now that I'm doing that again I hope to see some good results.

This is a rather brave revelation. Whether you are aware or not you on the road to great success. We all have to come to this place, it is here that you find the strength to make changes. You have to be aware of what you need to change or modify and if you aren't realistic it never gets done. Don't be so hard on yourself, this life is hard. But it seems to me you are one brave chica! You are here on this site, and you are actively involved in this and probably many other conversations. You are doing what it takes, just keep doing it. And learn to do it with a smile, you love you because other than that you wouldn't even put forth the effort to make the changes. There is always another way to look at any situation. I try to make the choices and statements that are affirming. I believe you are going to do well and get the results you desire. Keep it up!

Thank you for your encouraging words! :flowerforyou: