Losing in weight but not size

Options
I started working out again in Dec and so far I have lost 16 lbs. I have yet to notice any changes in my body (i.e. inches, the way clothes fit etc.) I'm getting fairly frustrated since I feel I should see some kind of change in my body but I don't.
Anyone else have this problem or know how to change that???

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It can take awhile because we lose our fat from different places. I lost mine from my face, neck, arms, and legs first...made no difference obviously in the waist size of my pants or the shirts I was wearing. At about 25 Lbs down I had finally lost a couple of inches around the waste and had to go down in size.
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Adding weight training can really help, as muscle is denser than fat and takes up less space.

In the past 6 months, I have only lost 12 pounds. But due to the weights, I have lost 11 inches overall and gone down 4 pants sizes.
    I weight train 4 days a week, with a little cardio mixed in here and there.
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't know how tall you are, but I am 5' 9" and I didn't have any change in my clothing size until I lost 30 pounds! Don't worry about that part - you are down 16 pounds and the rest will come and the weight will eventually come off of where it is stored! Be patient and continue on your journey! Congrats on being down 16 pounds!
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I don't know how tall you are, but I am 5' 9" and I didn't have any change in my clothing size until I lost 30 pounds! Don't worry about that part - you are down 16 pounds and the rest will come and the weight will eventually come off of where it is stored! Be patient and continue on your journey! Congrats on being down 16 pounds!

100% the same.