Success with this belly?

Options
xaMErica
xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
I am 21, 5' 4" my belly measures 38" around the belly button. I'm 177 right now and my goal is 135.. I am emotional today and I feel like my belly will never go away... you can see my exercise diary.. I do work on it.. I know I've got some ab muscles under there..

I started out at 214 and my belly button measured 41"..

I need some inspiration and encouragement..

Thanks <3

I do like new friends too =)

Replies

• xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I should add.. never had babies or anything.. but I've had this belly fat FOREEVER I've always been over weight and I'm just afraid that I'll never be able to fix it.
  • coleybug73
    coleybug73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Aww, honey...you can change it. Just look at some of the amazing transformations on this board. You can find some fantastic inspiration here. I have. You have to plan, commit and work it. You can succeed! You already have made changes and progress. You lost 37 pounds and 3 inches!

Keep going girl!!!
  • Rejuvn8
    Rejuvn8 Posts: 74
    Options
    Best wishes to you!
  • kbsd456
    kbsd456 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 started at 180lb curretly 157. Don't get discouraged, remember we are doing it the healthy way, it might take longer but it will be easier to maitain in the long run. Congratsn on your progress so far! definitely sent you a friend request.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I hate my belly too and I often fell like it will never go away. But we have to Trust the Process.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out some side by side threads on here. You can do this.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I love you. I've rarely had a flat belly and now I'm working on losing baby weight. It is possible, just hard for "apples". You need to get your body fat down and do crunches like a mother. My best body was when I was able to ride my bicycle daily. Best of luck!
  • DanielleJoy129
    Options
    Abdominal fat is the LAST thing to budge... don't give up!!
    Keep taking measurements and look at the big picture!
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! After having 2 large babies my stomach was stretched out to the max. After lots of dedication I have lost 8 inches off my stomach. I still have a ways to go but its nice to know its possible. Hang in there and congrats on your awesome loss so far!!
  • coleybug73
    coleybug73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just took a quick peek at your diary, and I'm by no means an expert, but I'd suggest you don't skip breakfast. Get some more lean protein overall. Cut back a little on refined carbs. I'm fighting the belly too, and refined carbs are not my friend. I don't use MFP to log, I started with Lose It and I haven't switched over. But my typical day is:

Breakfast:

1 Hard Boiled Egg
    1 Turkey Sausage Link
    1 Slice whole grain bread
    1 tsp light margarine
    Tea w/non dairy creamer & Splenda (or 1 tsp sugar!)

Lunch
    4 oz GrilledChicken Breast
    1/2 cup steamed broccoli
    1/2 cup steamed green beans
    1 med apple

Dinner
    4 oz Chicken Breast (or other lean protein)
    Small sweet potato
    1 cup of steamed veggies (broccoli, green beans, edamame, etc)
    Maybe a bit of salad

Snacks (varied)
    Nuts
    String Cheese
    Apple
    Kashi Bar
    Sliced peppers
    Grape Tomatoes and a bit of fresh mozzarella with basil vinegarette

I've pretty much stuck to this for the last month, and I can see and feel a difference in the way my pants fit. I've also started lifting weights 3x a week (I'm following NROL4W) and I really like it. I know getting fit isn't going to happen in a month, but as long as I see and feel results, that's what pushes me to keep going. In fact, that's kind of my mantra...keep going!!! We can do this!!
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You will get there...please keep doing what your doing and don't give up! I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I can totally feel it in my stomach. I have had 2 babies and it is taking me a while...but I know it can happen...you will get it girl! Promise!! Just don't give up...or nothing will change...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    meh, mine was bigger
    you can do it! :smile:
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    Read the book "Wheat Belly." Worked for me.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I just took a quick peek at your diary, and I'm by no means an expert, but I'd suggest you don't skip breakfast. Get some more lean protein overall. Cut back a little on refined carbs. I'm fighting the belly too, and refined carbs are not my friend. I don't use MFP to log, I started with Lose It and I haven't switched over. But my typical day is:

Breakfast:

1 Hard Boiled Egg
    1 Turkey Sausage Link
    1 Slice whole grain bread
    1 tsp light margarine
    Tea w/non dairy creamer & Splenda (or 1 tsp sugar!)

Lunch
    4 oz GrilledChicken Breast
    1/2 cup steamed broccoli
    1/2 cup steamed green beans
    1 med apple

Dinner
    4 oz Chicken Breast (or other lean protein)
    Small sweet potato
    1 cup of steamed veggies (broccoli, green beans, edamame, etc)
    Maybe a bit of salad

Snacks (varied)
    Nuts
    String Cheese
    Apple
    Kashi Bar
    Sliced peppers
    Grape Tomatoes and a bit of fresh mozzarella with basil vinegarette

I've pretty much stuck to this for the last month, and I can see and feel a difference in the way my pants fit. I've also started lifting weights 3x a week (I'm following NROL4W) and I really like it. I know getting fit isn't going to happen in a month, but as long as I see and feel results, that's what pushes me to keep going. In fact, that's kind of my mantra...keep going!!! We can do this!!

^This except for magarine is spot on^
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    you've lost three inches on it already....take out a measuring tape and look at that.....that's a LOT...that's a huge change.

you are doing just fine.
  • slovany
    slovany Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! We all have these days. Stick with this process it works. :smile:
  • sindikumva
    Options
    Some thoughts after looking at your food diary:

1. Coffee is a stimulant... not a meal. (also... try skim milk instead of cream and drop the sugar). If you don't like the taste of coffee without the add-ons, drop the coffee and have a meal in the morning (an apple will perk you up just as much!). Also, try to log each ingredient accurately (i.e. how much cream? How much sugar? You just can't know what "standard" means!)

2. Cut down on refined carbs... these are sugars in savory clothing. Don't be fooled!

3. Try to eat more vegetables! Vegetables fill you up, taste great, and don't contain much more than water.

4. Work on the amount of time you spend in the gym. If you want to lose fat, focus on long bouts of cardio (think at least 45 minutes) or interval training if you can't commit the time)

Have fun, good luck!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    you've lost three inches on it already....take out a measuring tape and look at that.....that's a LOT...that's a huge change.

you are doing just fine.

That's not what my last gf told me... :sad:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

you are doing just fine.

That's not what my last gf told me... :sad:

there's a reason you broke up right?

count your blessings...you'll find another girl more than happy to "settle" LOL
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I need some inspiration and encouragement..

I know someone who lost 37 pounds and 3 inches off her belly through hard work, and she's not stopping there!

How's that for inspiration?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!