Stick in my yard!

Options
I found this site and began my adventure Jan 7 this year. It has been soooo helpful and motivating! My weigh-in is on Mon. This past Mon was the 11th week and I’ve lost 30 lb and I am so thrilled.

My hi-light was yesterday when I hauled out the trash can (50 gal size) and began to pick up sticks that had fallen from the trees in my yard, while I was doing this my youngest daughter and grandkids pulled up! My daughter was so tickled. Later I was at her home and my middle daughter stopped by & my youngest said to the middle daughter “I almost started to cry seeing mom in the yard, I’m so proud of her.” Let me tell you, that was awesome and of course really helps the motivation.:flowerforyou:

I just wanted to share this with everyone. It works, good luck to all of us! Have a wonderful day.:drinker:

Replies

• sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I found this site and began my adventure Jan 7 this year. It has been soooo helpful and motivating! My weigh-in is on Mon. This past Mon was the 11th week and I’ve lost 30 lb and I am so thrilled.

My hi-light was yesterday when I hauled out the trash can (50 gal size) and began to pick up sticks that had fallen from the trees in my yard, while I was doing this my youngest daughter and grandkids pulled up! My daughter was so tickled. Later I was at her home and my middle daughter stopped by & my youngest said to the middle daughter “I almost started to cry seeing mom in the yard, I’m so proud of her.” Let me tell you, that was awesome and of course really helps the motivation.:flowerforyou:

I just wanted to share this with everyone. It works, good luck to all of us! Have a wonderful day.:drinker:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    WOW thats awesome to have a child say something like that .......... and to know that kids say honest things!!!! thats great!!!

so far i only get your belly is like marshmellows .... but one day i will get a coment like that too!!!

you must be so proud of yourself!!!! thats great!!:flowerforyou:
    j~
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I bet that was better then seeing a lower number on a scale:bigsmile: Awesome... Keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I am glad that she said that and made you feel good. I know a month ago when my three year old pulled up my shirt and poked my belly with his pointer finger and said ewwwww I knew I needed to do something, he is mostly non verbal so for him to say that really hurt, I know he didn't understand what he had done but that was the beginning.

Keep up the good work
  • tekrueger
    tekrueger Posts: 85
    Options
    Way to go!!! Compliments. It's wonderful when people can stop and notice that you've made some positive changes. It helps to reinforce what we've been able to accomplish so far.
    30 lbs...I'm impressed. Keep it going because it's working!
    Thomas
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Congratulations on your weight loss, and thanks for sharing your loving story:flowerforyou:
  • kurtsummers
    Options
    that is wonderful! thank you for sharing. :smile: