Men who started at or around 250 lbs...

Options
2»

Replies

• TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    250 club here as well, down to 216 a few times, back up to the 20s and 30s.... Back to 216. Havent seen 215 in years.... But its not to about 216-219 or so that i saw or felt the difference.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    5' 11" 41 yo currently, started at 250+ (too embarrased to actually weigh myself). i am currently 195. my belly is in it's final stages of deflation. I had a huge gut, the first 10 lbs showed nice progress.
  • crawfishag
    crawfishag Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot, started out at 265 I didn't see any differences in the belly until this week. I started seeing loss in the legs first. My shirts fit a lot looser and my belt is on the last notch. I'm betting the stomach will be the last to go.
  • Figs318
    Figs318 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the responses. It looks like around 30 + pounds is when people start noticing differences. I will definately keep on my journey and not give up. Please feel free to add me as a friend.Extra Motivation never hurts.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    A bit late to the topic, but I'd say you're right on target saying 30lbs lost is a noticeable difference.

I started at 235lbs (I'm 5' 7") and am currently at 188. At about 25lbs down, the weight loss became pretty noticeable for me and I had to buy new clothes. At this point, I've reduced my waistline from about 40/41inches down to a size 34.

Keep at it, you'll get there and feel great!
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    For some reason the mirror lies when it comes to weight loss - most likely because the change is very gradual every time you look at yourself. For a more dramatic affect, compare an old photo of your self at a heavier weight to what you look like minus 30 lbs. I guarantee, you'll see a difference.
    Well said.
  • Shabas87
    Shabas87 Posts: 69
    Options
    Started at 256lbs, started seeing a smaller stomach at around 230 or so.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Take pictures.

I started at 357 and if you ask me my stomach looks not that much different in my head then when I started.

But if I look at pictures that are a month apart, I can totally see a difference.
  • bbelles1
    bbelles1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started at 285 in January and am currently down to 240. I have noticed the difference in my energy level, clothes being looser, belt notches and in my face and neck. I didn't take measurements when I started but it is noticeable. One thing that I am living by is to not think about 2 months from now or even next week. What have I done TODAY to get myself closer to my eventual goal. I still have a belly but it is getting smaller. I use an elliptical and also weight train. If any of you guys would like to add me.........I am looking for guys in my similar circumstance. Everyone who commented on this topic all started around the same place which I think we can all benefit from each other's successes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!