Hello all! New to MFP.....

Options
My name is Shannon and I have about 100 lbs to lose. I have done every diet there is except mfp. I have been on my program about a week now and I'm feeling really good. I haven't started exercising yet but I'm working into that. I went to see a nutritionist and something just clicked. I've done WW several times and I only looked at points. I never paid attention to anything else. I always felt tired and sluggish on WW but now I have a lot of energy and find that I'm not hungry at all. I don't even want to eat unhealthy things.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! :)

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • disneybuff
    Options
    Hi Shannon,

I've have also only been at it a week. But I really like it. It is simple, non-judgmental, and keeps me accountable. All the best to you.
  • jpegjordan
    jpegjordan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. This is my second day. So far I like it.
  • 8bitAlina
    8bitAlina Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :)
  • lovelyhida
    Options
    New here too:) wishing you the best
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannon...this is my second day.......really liking the site...the database is so comprehensive and the site works very well.........and there are lots of people to give you tips and encouragment.....

Good luck

Jean
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    welcome, shannon!

i think you'll find that MFP isn't really a "diet", but rather a way to stay accountable with what you're putting into your body and what you're burning off. just keep it honest and take it one step at a time! the people are really supportive, too.

congratulations for choosing to take this first step! best of luck!
  • fungaaron9880
    Options
    Welcome! glad to have you with us
  • fis373594
    fis373594 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hello I just started too. Thats make this a winner
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, Shannon! Welcome! :)
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    U CAN ADD ME IF U LIKE ..I ONCE A LONG TIME GO HIT OVER 300PDS.. BUT AS U CAN SEE I NO LONGER LOOK LIKE THAT... LOVE TO HELP

LORRAINE
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome I love this program and I'm sure you will too!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Hello Shannon and welcome to MFP. MFP is not a diet but more of a way to track what you eat day to day. As long as you are true to yourself and what you put into the journal you will lose the weight. There are plenty on here that lose and lose a lot. I have a friend on my FL that lost over 150lbs and I am sure there are some out there that have lost more. Just remember to be true to yourself, exercise and watch the weight come off. There are plenty on here that are helpful if you need any help.
  • nurse_beck
    nurse_beck Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    HI Shannon! Way to go for being persistent and welcome! I'm fairly new to MFP, so feel free to add me!!
  • Silvermist16
    Silvermist16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to MFP too! I have those nasty 5 pds to take off that keep coming back again and again. I also am starting to exercise again. Was in pretty good shape last year but had an injury and then went down from there. Here is to getting up and trying again!
  • cinnamon471
    cinnamon471 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, Hope you have had a great day!
    Kim
  • ChristineH1001
    Options
    Welcome.....May you have a wonderful and supportive journey!!:smile:
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannon, MFP is a fun and informative place. If you look at this awesome journey as that, you will do well. There lot's of support and motivation everywhere you look. No stress and pace yourself. I wish you much success!
  • tigermom12
    Options
    Thank you all!

Right...it's not a diet. That is the mentality that I need to get away from and I am working on that. :happy:

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • Terpripken
    Options
    Welcome! I am new as well. Good luck on your journey!