Suffering From Hypothyroidism?

Options
I am suffering from hypothyroidism and recently survived a heart attack from issues related to it last month. It seems to run in the family, as all the women on my mother's side have this same issue and some are not even overweight. Since my heart attack, I have undergone a serious change in diet, in addition to medications to regulate my iodine levels. I am on the road to shedding 175 pds, but shedding the weight is very difficult. I was reading an article today about how sea based plants help to regulate the thyroid. I was just curious how many others on mfp are suffering from thyroid related problems and what foods/natural remedies have helped you considerably? I am always open to trying new things and hearing stories, so anyone willing to share I would find it encouraging to hear from you. :)

Replies

• ckseevers
    ckseevers Posts: 11
    Options
    I have had hypothyrodism for 17 years. I have developed Hyshimots Disease. I am 5 foot 2 and currently weigh about 143-144 pounds. I want to be down NO HEAVIER than 130. I too have heart issues and have been in and out of the hospital with the symptoms and heary enzyme concerns. I have a great cardiologist and a great endo. I am very frustrated with losing this last 15 pounds. I am working out nearly every day and eating no more than 1200-1300 calories per day. I still gain and drop and gain and drop. I will say the best thing I did for gaining energy, clearing up that dry itchy skin and getting rid of some joint pain that was keeping me awake......eliminated glueton. It really was not that hard and I feel so much better. NOW.....to lose those pounds. I started the 30 day shred 2 days ago. Today will be day 3. It is KICKING my BUTT! I am hopeful but understanding of the thyroid issues you and I both face!