Ah! Sudden craving!

funkyspunky871
funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
It's not that bad of a craving but I wonder if it's "diet friendly." I really want fajitas from a local mexican restaurant. I don't want the tortillas or cheese or refried beans , etc. I just want the chicken, vegetables, and guacamole. Too bad I don't know the nutritional value of it all. :) I forgot to eat breakfast again this morning and I've got over 900 calories left and over 30 grams of fat left. Also I have time to exercise a bit more than normal today. Should I splurge a little?

Oops this should have probably gone under the Food and Nutrition section. Sorry!

Replies

• schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Absolutely! The thing with cravings is that if you don't satisfy them, you continue to eat everything but what you really want. Exercise more and eat your craving in moderation and you'll be amazed at how satisfied you feel!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Use the food database for all the things you want to eat. Just put Avacados in instead of guacamole. I make mine with a pinch of salt, minced garlic and lime juice. Very basic and even though its higher in fat and cals, its the healthy fat your body needs and uses.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Thanks guys. Just wondering if it was "diet" food, you know? I know avocado's are pretty high in fat! I've been avoiding them since the beginning and they happen to be my favorite food! I could avocado on anything, haha. Think that might be why I'm craving mexican food.
  • Avocado is high in fat, but it's a good fat. And has antioxidants your body needs, plus a butt-load of vitamins and nutrients. So, treat avocado like you would almonds or olive oil and enjoy it, but sparingly!

As for the fajitas, if you're skipping the tortillas, cheese and beans, and only eating the chicken, peppers and 'mole. Not too bad, really! Track it befor eyou eat it and see if the calories are worth it. i do that all the time. With a big calorie deficit like you have today, just be careful you don't over do it! And try to eat breakfast tomorrow!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    I think if you make your own, there's no harm in it!

Use whole wheat wraps (Cedars low carb are only 80 calories a piece!), lowfat shredded cheese, tons of veggies and NO sour cream!

INDULGE!
This discussion has been closed.