What do u do if working out makes u tired?

2»

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    On lifting days I have to eat more. I bump my intake between 300-400 cals. Tiredness was also a factor when I started out but your body does adjust to this and moves more towards muscle fatigue *sighs* hehe
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Thts really great advice . I'll try to get my workout in morning and increase my protein and organics like vegis abd tuna. Thanks maybe more coffee to!!!
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    I'm so guilty of fearing to eat my workout calories .
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    i think if you are having true hunger pains its best to give you body something, i agree Protein helps me recover after a workout. Protein shakes is what I do sometimes after I workout.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Sleep and lots of healthy fruits and veggies don't forget your protein!

Hope this helps
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    First of all, stop feeling guilty. About anything. I mean it. If you eat, you can't feel guilty about it - that's going to lead you to where you don't want to be. Just accept it. Eat what you eat, and log it. Be honest about it. This is the only way. You must change your relationship with food. Don't let it have power over you like that.

And especially NOT exercise calories. EAT THEM. You earned them! Your deficit is factored in automatically by MyFitnessPal. You should aim for 1lb loss per week, if that. Do not shoot for 2lbs/week. If your day-to-day activity (non-exercise) is not sedentary, do NOT choose sedentary.

You haven't answered the question, so my guess is you're eating 1200 calories. Am I right? Probably. You need to eat more. If you're burning almost 1000 calories working out, and you're only eating 1200, your net is 200.. Your net should be 1200 AT LEAST. Probably more, in fact. But definitely not 200...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    You haven't answered the question, so my guess is you're eating 1200 calories. Am I right? Probably. You need to eat more. If you're burning almost 1000 calories working out, and you're only eating 1200, your net is 200.. Your net should be 1200 AT LEAST. Probably more, in fact. But definitely not 200...

This is my hunch too.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    The solution is to eat your calories.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Can't really answer intelligently without more info. Like your food diary, height, weight, age, type of exercise,....

This^
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member

This is my hunch too.

Ditto. I thought on the first page she was saying she was eating 900 but apparently I read it wrong and she's burning that...I'm crossing my fingers that she's at least adding those back.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

This is my hunch too.

Ditto. I thought on the first page she was saying she was eating 900 but apparently I read it wrong and she's burning that...I'm crossing my fingers that she's at least adding those back.

Based on this...

...my best guess is that she is not.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    If you entered your workout here and you've already set the system to put you at a deficit and you're feeling starved - it's most likely because you should be eating more. Don't be afraid to eat back calories if you burned off an extreme amount. Your body needs them to keep going and you may be feeling tired as you've burned too many in a day. For example, if you're set at 1200 - you already have a deficit of several hundred THEN you burn another 900...you're living on something like 300 calories in that day. Basically, you're body is screaming for food. Don't do that to yourself. Eat the exercise calories - you're still at a deficit because the system puts you at that. I suspect once you do you'll see your energy levels go back up. The fact that you feel starved is because your body wants food to keep the activities going. You'll still lose weight easily because I know I've lost 33 pounds eating back my exercise calories and I never feel tired.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    sounds like you aren't eating enough, and aren't getting enough rest.

This would be my guess.

Your diary is set to private which basically means the best we can do is guess
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Can't really answer intelligently without more info. Like your food diary, height, weight, age, type of exercise,....

This^

this this

Open your diary! It is impossible to give advice and help without knowing what is going on...we want to encourage you
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Assuming your exercise expenditure (900+) is accurate, I hope you are grossing a lot more than 1200 calories. Netting 300 or under with lack of quality sleep is a recipe for disaster.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Not enough either carbs or protein will cause me to be tired when working out. Too little sleep can also cause it. Or too little calories in general.

Not enough fat will make me want to eat more even when I'm full. I can't seem to be satiated without fat in a meal.

So, best advice with the information given.
    1. Set a reasonable calorie goal (you should rarely be hungry except right before a meal)
    2. Make sure to get enough of each macronutrient.
    2. Sleep, even if it means working out a little less.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    If I work out in the AM I generally have a better day than if I don't but it leaves me hungry all day. I have found if I eat a handful of nuts or a protein shake before then reasonable breakfast after I can keep well within my goals for the day and won't be starving by lunch time. When I work out at night I have to eat something with protein and fat before bed or I wake up starving, usually 1/2 a pb sandwich or a piece of fruit with pb will hold me over pretty well.