Desk Job

Options
2»

Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Well if losing calories is the main focus, then chew on a sugar free gum and fidget ... as silly as it sounds, tapping your foot or hands with a certain tempo burns through calories and next thing you know - you can have that portion of food!

What's the estimated calorie burn on that?
    1000 calories
  • sd75
    sd75 Posts: 49
    Options
    You can also work ur pelvic floor muscles and ur tummy muscles whilst sat at ur desk - all of which help core strength.
    And a good few bum squeezes to tone the glutes .....

Just a few little ideas ....
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I have a desk job too, I only get little walks to the printer so I pretty much I do all my exercise when I get home.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Well if losing calories is the main focus, then chew on a sugar free gum and fidget ... as silly as it sounds, tapping your foot or hands with a certain tempo burns through calories and next thing you know - you can have that portion of food!

What's the estimated calorie burn on that?
    1000 calories

Sounds legit! I'm gonna cancel my gym membership!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I do leg lifts under my desk, I hold them out for a few seconds, tightening my abs, and then start lifting each one. I also cross my arms infront of me and slightly twist side to side a few times a day, again tightening my abs. then I hold my arms out and do small circles until I feel a slight burn in my shoulders....then I do large circles. I stretch every time I go to the bathroom.

ooh I like these suggestions ! not so obvious as well. in fact as I type I am holding my legs out straight in front of me but I find it hard to tighten my abs at the same time...feel so unco.