ABS

NewMe80xoxo
NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I was wanting to know if anyone had any exercise that I can do while I lose weight so that my tummy will get flat while I lose weight...I'm 5'1 201 lbs! I wanna get at 130 lbs!!!

Replies

• kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    My medicine ball workout works great for that. There's some up on YouTube, better than endless situps which can hurt your back...
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    You can do numerous ab workouts (crunches, flutter kicks, etc - search google!) to tone your ab muscles, but until cardio and other strength training burns the fat covering your abs you won't really see the results. That doesn't mean you can't work them now - working them now will make them awesome and noticeable once the fat melts away.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Any free weights you do, try sitting on the stability ball to do it. It works your core. Here are some of the workouts I do with my trainer:
    http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises.htm
    We especially work on:
    1/2 plank for 1 minute
    Lay on your back with a stability ball between your ankles, legs straight. Raise legs while holding the ball, keeping the legs straight, until legs are perpendicular to the ground. Do this for 1 minute
    Bicycle crunch
    Squats with the stability ball pinned between your back and the wall. It works your abs to keep the ball there while you squat.

As someone else said, make sure to get plenty of cardio and other strength training in. I've found that abs come natually when you focus more on cardio and other strength training while holding in your core. Good luck!
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    bump

Thanks for asking this great question and thanks for all the WONDERFUL answers!!!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    My current core run is
    1 min sit up/crunchs
    30 alt toe hand touches (lay on back lift left hand and right let and touch toes and alternate)
    30 sec flutter kicks
    20 crab crunches (bring knees in when going up in crunch position)
    30 heel touches. (bring ankles in so when you are in a slight crunch postion you can touch your heels go side to side touching your heels)
    30 sec scissor kick
    30 toe touches (put feet in the air and reach up to touch your toes usually with a 8lb wieght in hands)
    20 supermen (lay on stomach and lift head, arms and legs up so you are in a position like superman)
    30 alt leg & arm extentions (on all 4s reach out and kick out with opposite arm and leg)
    30 sec plank
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    i hate to tell you but its basically diet. I was once 210. You need to get your body fat down. I'm 154 and my abs are getting back to normal. Just keep plugging away. I would also would like to be 130.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    I once read some where that six pack abs are first made in the kitchen and in the gym second. Continue to strengthen the muscles and cardio to burn the fat. As you get closer to your goal you will begin to see the results of all your hard work.
This discussion has been closed.