I Love Measurements!

Options
I3ernadette
I3ernadette Posts: 34 Member
I lost 22 pounds in my first month (gotta love that water weight), and then seven in two weeks, and three in the last two weeks, but! A month ago I started taking measurements, since I was starting to exercise (cardio five times a week, strength training or bodywork whenever I started getting jittery), and in the last month I've lost 18.75 inches!
Keep in mind that that's measuring waist, hips, neck (where I've gained), arms, thighs, calves (which haven't changed; all the cardio's making me more muscular, but not any smaller), ribs, bust, forearm and wrist (both of which are the same). Lots of measurements, but!
waist -3.5
hips -2.5
arms -2 (each!)
thighs -2 (each!)
ribs -2.5
bust -3

I'm a big girl - and not just a fat one; I'm 5'11, and at 250 my body fat% is somewhere around 32 (everyone and their pet monkey has given me different stats, ranging from 27% to 37.5%, but the doctor and his magic calipers told me 32 so I'm sticking with it). As I've been losing weight my fat seems to have been softening, so I can poke at it and really feel all the demarcations in the muscle beneath (of course, it also means that it jiggles in an unsightly fashion, making me look even flabbier than when I began). Still, every inch lost is an inch that's bringing me that much closer to a body that does what I tell it to do, moves and feels the way I want.

Replies

• mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    That is incredible. I really regret not taking before measurements and photos.
  • I3ernadette
    Options
    Hey, even with only ten pounds to go (yes, I totally stalked your profile page :D) it's worth it to see what those last pounds will do for your body - remember, my changes were all within the last month, when I only lost ten pounds. And my biggest changes were in the last two weeks, when I upped my exercise and only lost three.
  • StephieMarieM2013
    Options
    22 lbs in one month?? Wish I could pull that off, even if it is mostly water weight. Great job!! Keep up the good work :)
  • I3ernadette
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!