IS ANYONE ELSE STARVING OUT THERE??

Options

Replies

• GlazedBooty
    Options
    I CHOSE TO HAVE THE CALORIES AUTOMATICALLY CALCULATED FOR ME & IT SEEMS LOW FOR ME BCUZ I GO OVER BY 400 EVERY NIGHT.
  • GlazedBooty
    Options
    IM ALSO IN MY FOURTH DAY, I KNEW IT WOULDN'T BE EASY BUT IM GNA STICK TO IT & STAY DEDICATED LIKE THE REST OF U.......I WANT A NEW BODY!!!
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Any chance it is boredom induced hunger? Find something you enjoy and stay busy.

And yes, you need to be sure and eat plenty of protein.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find the answer. It's only my fourth day, I'm starving. I cannot figure out good food items to eat that keep me fuller for longer. I never go over my calories but I am so afraid one item will put me over. I'm trying.:sad:

Part of it may be an adjustment phase. A doctor told me that would ease after about a week. He was right. Make sure you are eating filling things, too, though. Exercise helps me not really feel like eating as much, too...it's working too hard to be hungry. I started out working out an hour after my noon meal so that I'm filled, not hungry, and ready to work...and I've earned extra calories for night-time after my meal. Popcorn, yogurt, nuts, or an occasional rice crispy treat or one piece of chocolate go a long way for me.
  • Lisa_licious
    Options
    It's hard to tell because your diary is not viewable. I'm with the others regarding upping your protein and lowering your starchy carbs ( breads/ pastas). Check out other diaries. They will give you ideas. Best of luck!

Lisa
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    MAYBE MY PROTEIN INTAKE IS NOT WHERE IT SHOULD BE. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THINGS IN THE "BREADS & CEREAL" FOOD GROUP & ALSO EAT LOTS OF VEGGIES, BUT MAYBE IT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF I EAT MORE PROTEIN INSTEAD OF THE BREADS I LOVE SO MUCH.

I love bread, too. Try switching to Healthy Life bread for sandwiches (70 cals for 2 pieces), flat breads, thin bagels, whole grain bread, low fat wheat soft shell tortillas. That will free up a lot of calories for other things, wheat is more filling, less processed. Kroger has a low fat granola cereal that rocks my world. ; ) I'll make a special trip out for it! Love it in my yogurt, too!
  • WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If you're doing everything right diet-wise and you're still hungry 20 mins after a meal, it could be that your body just isn't used to the reduced portions yet. If that's the case, don't fret. If you stay dedicated you're body is going to adapt to the change soon and the hunger pains will slowly go away.

In the mean time, try having a cup of warm water with your meal (like the temperature of a cup of tea). It'll help trick your body into thinking you're full and should take off the edge while you're waiting for your body to adapt to the change. It's nt going to give you any nutrients, but it'll at least stop you from feeling like your starving all of the time. :)
  • shastar
    shastar Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to what I eat in regards to like a big spinach salad (add red onions, some fat free cream cheese and a few roasted pecans or almonds) with Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce looks a lot more filling to my eyes than say a Fiber One bar. It takes time to compare. But soon you will see a egg white omelet filled with veggies, half a low calorie muffin gets your tummy full with less calories than a bowl of low calorie cereal with fat free milk. Hope that gives you something to think about.:smile:
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    For me the secret is eating food that is satisfying, not foods that trigger over-eating. If your daily calorie goal is in fact set correctly for you, look to eat fresh vegs and fruits, no juice or sugary beverages. Nuts, whole grains, lean proteins will make you less hungry overall. As an older female, my daily calorie goal is very low, so everything I eat has to be food that will satisfy me. Yes, I could eat a piece of chocolate cake, but that would leave me with so few calories left for that day, I could not possibly avoid hunger. Plus the sugary binge of cake is likely to set off my binging. I have finished eating today and am not hungry. This is possible for you, as well. Good luck on your journey!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    you seem to burning a lot of calories with your yelling..just chill out and take a breath and youre halfway to feeling better.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    ALL THE CHILDREN IN ETHIOPIA
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4vmwbto6z1qj3ir1.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Answer to the OP

216fb_ORIG-eat_all_the_things.jpg
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Nope. I actually graze all day long & would be surprised at the amount I do eat. I can't even make my NET on most days, and am left feeling stuffed.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Drink a HUGE glass of water mixed with Metamucil, followed by more water. I can guarantee you won't be hungry at all after that!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating on a daily basis?
  • thomas127
    thomas127 Posts: 32
    Options
    I found myself hungry when I ate things with alot of calories. Since converting to more whole foods. and a plate full of vegetables. I'm actually full at the end of the day.
  • richieslaw
    Options
    You know one thing that I do is that I am taking out processed carbs and replacing with as much steamed broccoli, kale, brussel sprouts etc. Add some nice spiced on it and you can get as much as want really. Water in the morning . . . also I try to make all my foods. Processed foods are dense with calories and does not leave you as satisfied!
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was never a fan of almonds but I have learned to incorporate them into my diet. You only need a handful to get you through to your next meal. And there are so many different flavors. Trader Joe's has some yummy, spicy ones. You can still eat what you love and eat less but mix it up with a few new options that you haven't tried before.