Hi, just joined and seeeking advice

Options
Hi , I just found out about this site yesterday. I am hoping this may be just what I need to help lose the weight . Unfortunatley I lose my motivation very easy so I am hoping trying this will help. I can lose a little at time but then I get stressed or something goes on and food is my comfort. I have noticed also the heavier I am the more likely I will have anxiety attacks and become depressed. I want to lose weight not only for my appearance but mainly for my health and sanity. If you have any advice for an emotional eater and thoughts on how to stay motivated I would love some input. Thank you

Replies

• PiperGabrielle
    PiperGabrielle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I never thought of myself as an emotional eater until recently. I suffer from an anxiety disorder. I don't pig out when I get stressed but I always have a bag of candy in my room to munch on. That is probably the worst idea in the world. When food is right at your hands. It needs to be out of your reach or not exist in your house at all if you know you'll go straight for it when you're stressed.
    When I started dieting I also noticed that I hated feeling hungry. It got me stressed just to feel the hunger pangs. So I decided to desensitize myself to that feeling by letting myself be hungry for a while. After a few times of making myself wait and feel very hungry I realized that it wasn't that big of a deal. Now I feel less need to snack.
  • gnal
    gnal Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks for the advice.