For all you mom and dad out there

FabiolaEnvy♥
FabiolaEnvy♥ Posts: 730
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
If you had a daughter or a son or even both, and you were really pissed off. you were soo mad that you said to your daughter/son "if you hate me sooo much, why dont you get out of here. Cause you hate me." they responded they dont. but you keep saying that they do. then the next day comes. your daughter/son baked/cooked something they know you will eat or at least enjoy. ate some and took some to work the next day. the next day comes around. your daughter/son cleaned the places that you always wish to be cleaned. and even made their drinks since you get sick of drinking water through out the day at work. also since there was a lot of food leftovers she/he heat it up for you before you came home. so everything was set for you to just sit down and eat.

well, that was me :)
would you have appreciated that if your daughter or son did that? or would you have ignored it (like my dad would only thing he would have been pleased with is the kitchen staying clean... even if you cooked his favorite food he wouldnt dare to touch it).

i would like to hear what you have to say :smile: and thanks for reading :flowerforyou: :blushing:

Replies

• hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    I think that daughter/son should give themselves a big hug and know that their heart is pure, sweet, and full of goodness.
    Parents, yes I have both daughter and son, sometimes get so wound up in themselves and the what the should have/could have done that we sometimes forget that the most important, the most beautiful things in our live are our children....

My dad was just like that, and once I touched his hand and he began sobbing uncontrollably.

Just know that he/they really do love you, they may not have ever allowed themselves to be loved unconditionally.

I am logging off to go hugs my kids......THANK YOU
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I would have cried. If I had an argument with my kids like that. I would have appreciated what was done and let them know it
  • I think that daughter/son should give themselves a big hug and know that their heart is pure, sweet, and full of goodness.
    Parents, yes I have both daughter and son, sometimes get so wound up in themselves and the what the should have/could have done that we sometimes forget that the most important, the most beautiful things in our live are our children....

My dad was just like that, and once I touched his hand and he began sobbing uncontrollably.

Just know that he/they really do love you, they may not have ever allowed themselves to be loved unconditionally.

I am logging off to go hugs my kids......THANK YOU

you are moooost welcome :)
  • I would have cried. If I had an argument with my kids like that. I would have appreciated what was done and let them know it

:) that would be nice. and if you cried :) that would of been heart breaken if you cried... im sure my mom did also... but i dont know.... cause i didnt see her after i left the living room :flowerforyou:
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I would have cried. If I had an argument with my kids like that. I would have appreciated what was done and let them know it

:) that would be nice. and if you cried :) that would of been heart breaken if you cried... im sure my mom did also... but i dont know.... cause i didnt see her after i left the living room :flowerforyou:

You know we all make mistakes. My parents and I fought all through my teen years. Now that I "grew up" my mom and I are best friends. I couldn't live without my parents now. A Parents love is unconditional. I am sure your parents love you. Maybe you have shocked them speechless :smile:

Oh and now I have a preteen of my own and we fight constantly. I just hope we turn out with the same respect for each other later in life
  • I would have cried. If I had an argument with my kids like that. I would have appreciated what was done and let them know it

You know we all make mistakes. My parents and I fought all through my teen years. Now that I "grew up" my mom and I are best friends. I couldn't live without my parents now. A Parents love is unconditional. I am sure your parents love you. Maybe you have shocked them speechless :smile:

Oh and now I have a preteen of my own and we fight constantly. I just hope we turn out with the same respect for each other later in life

yeah i fought with my dad more than i did with my mom... but now my dad and me are so so but my mom and me... either REAL UP or REAL DOWN... not in the middle anymore...

i am very sure you will with your preteen its part of life

thanks for the encouraging words :)
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Awwww Fabio....you are a wonderful person. Pray about it...and when you are calm and your parents are calm tell them how you feel from the heart....apologize, and tell them how they make you feel when they do X,Y,Z! I'm sure they love you 'unconditionally' but just don't know how to convey that to you! Feel better boo!
  • Awwww Fabio....you are a wonderful person. Pray about it...and when you are calm and your parents are calm tell them how you feel from the heart....apologize, and tell them how they make you feel when they do X,Y,Z! I'm sure they love you 'unconditionally' but just don't know how to convey that to you! Feel better boo!

thanks my chica love <3 that helps :)
    things just gets outta control at times. and just dont know what to do anymore. but im not giving up yet. even though im flat broke lol but, ill just not make that an excuse i gotta try hard and push hard. just to get by and i will success :)
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Hang in there. Growing up is so rough. One day you'll be able to look back on this time and you will have made the successful journey to a great adult life. Right now you don't understand your parents sometimes and they don't understand you sometimes. Please keep trying, just like you've already done. When tensions aren't so high, try to talk calmly and make progress. Just don't give up on them (or on yourself) ! You're in my prayers!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    "...:) that would be nice. and if you cried :) that would of been heart breaken if you cried... im sure my mom did also... but i dont know.... cause i didnt see her after i left the living room :flowerforyou:..."

I've thought about you all day yesterday and woke up remembering some tough-&-heartbreaking years with my eldest daughter. We had extreme opposite/different views of what was important in life.

I wanted her to go to college, she wanted to see the world;
    I wanted her to be more selective with her friends, she befriended society;
    I wanted her to get up early, she (tried to) slept 'til noon;
    I wanted her to dress in ribbons and lace, she wore...hardly anything;

I screamed, she yelled back; I threatened, she challenged;
    She would leave & I would bring her back.

I really believed she would be the death of me, she truly believed I was the death of her....

I want to say that I was right, she wants to say that it was her life.
    Who's right? Who's wrong? No easy answers, but we never gave up.
    sometimes we communicate our fears thru loud voices or no voice at all.

I have no doubt that your mama cried (& your daddy, too)...just know that she's doing the best she can right this minute. As difficult as it is to believe, so is your dad. Try and see that little glimpse of "this is gonna be alright" & hold on tight.

My daughter and I are still very strongly opinionated women.
    I'd like her to raise my grandbabies like I raised her, AND SHE IS...with love.
    I wanted her to marry someone just like her daddy, and she has, just on her own terms.
    We're extremely close, talk often, love unconditionally....it takes a lot of work...don't ever give up.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    "...:) that would be nice. and if you cried :) that would of been heart breaken if you cried... im sure my mom did also... but i dont know.... cause i didnt see her after i left the living room :flowerforyou:..."

I've thought about you all day yesterday and woke up remembering some tough-&-heartbreaking years with my eldest daughter. We had extreme opposite/different views of what was important in life.

I wanted her to go to college, she wanted to see the world;
    I wanted her to be more selective with her friends, she befriended society;
    I wanted her to get up early, she (tried to) slept 'til noon;
    I wanted her to dress in ribbons and lace, she wore...hardly anything;

I screamed, she yelled back; I threatened, she challenged;
    She would leave & I would bring her back.

I really believed she would be the death of me, she truly believed I was the death of her....

I want to say that I was right, she wants to say that it was her life.
    Who's right? Who's wrong? No easy answers, but we never gave up.
    sometimes we communicate our fears thru loud voices or no voice at all.

I have no doubt that your mama cried (& your daddy, too)...just know that she's doing the best she can right this minute. As difficult as it is to believe, so is your dad. Try and see that little glimpse of "this is gonna be alright" & hold on tight.

My daughter and I are still very strongly opinionated women.
    I'd like her to raise my grandbabies like I raised her, AND SHE IS...with love.
    I wanted her to marry someone just like her daddy, and she has, just on her own terms.
    We're extremely close, talk often, love unconditionally....it takes a lot of work...don't ever give up.
    I'm speechless....very well put....thanks for sharing this.
This discussion has been closed.