NSV--measurements

Options
I was looking at some measurements from last year, and I lost two inches in my waist, but gained two inches around my hips. I know I've also gained inches in my thighs and calves because my jeans are tight in those areas (I didn't record those measurements), but looser in the waist. I'm much smaller, but I've "only" lost five pounds (I've been working out off and on throughout the year).

At first I was confused, but then I realized all those squats, deadlifts and running hills are paying off (my top choice for exercise is running). I'm feeling conflicted about the added "real estate" in the rear since I'm pear shaped, but at least I've gained some muscle! Now if I can only get rid of this oh-so-sleek layer of fat over them haha.

Point to take away: Take measurements, pay attention to how your clothes fit, and don't rely on the scale; you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Replies

• browneyes97
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder!
    Don't forget that muscles burn more calories than fat. Eventually your newly added muscles will whittle away that layer of fat.

I feel you on the pear shape. I used to think I had an hour glass figure, but the more weight I lose, the more I am pear shaped.

And losing 5 pounds is great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!