I've gained 2 punds on my first week of insanity :(

Options
It's kinda sad for me, I'm in my 11th day of insanity and I started with 148 punds, by the end of the week I've gained 2 pounds, even though I was eating properly .. will this pounds eventually come down and when!?

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey were you working out before this? Maybe your body is retaining water. What are your calories set at? By the way I am a big time Insanity fan feel free to message me!!!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    One word...water. It happens with a new program. Don't stress about it. It will soon be gone.
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    its water...your muscles use water to repair themselves...I gained almost five pounds after i started strength training, even though i changed to a healthier, cleaner diet, it will go away in time...be patient :)
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I gained weight while doing insanity, too - fat. I may have gained muscle, but I definitely also gained fat. I think for me it didn't work because I used insanity as my only workout since it felt so difficult, when really I needed to be doing more, longer workouts - cardio - in order to lose weight.
    I know some people who have had great success with Insanity, but it didn't work for me. Best of luck to you though - be sure to keep a healthy diet :-)
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I'm on my recovery week (week 5). How are your macros? Are you close to the 40/20/40 in carbs, fats, protein? How is your water intake? How about rest, getting enough?

You said eating properly, so you used their eating equation to determine your intake and expenditure numbers? Perhaps turn on public viewing of your diary, if you use it, so others on the program can take a look?

Best of luck to you, miss.
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It's common to gain a little when first starting a program like insanity. Track your progress with your measurements and not the scale. If you follow the program and eat right you will get great results. Personally I lost 21 pounds and 16.25 inches (waist, hips, chest, thighs and arms combined) in the 63 days.