Urgent Help Needed ASAP!!!

Options
Urgent Help!!! My husband brought home the most delicious looking chocolate muffins I have ever seen. Each muffin has 740 calories. I need a dose of encouragement. Please help!!!

Replies

• chrit4u
    chrit4u Posts: 34
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Dont do it!!!!! Quick go drink some water or something and think about the muffin! LOL
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels" Suck down some water and tell him not to eat them in front of you! You're strong you can do it!!!!
  • kristi3238
    Options
    dont do it. consider how you will feel after you indulge. youll be mad or disappointed with yourself. stay strong. oh and i love your goals you have set and the rewards you have given yourself . I think i may have to try that myself! i hope you can resist the temptations!

good luck
    kristi
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Walk, no run, away from the muffins!! If you need a chocolate fix, go grab a serving of chocolate chips and slowly eat them (I let them melt in my mouth - can take me a half hour to eat 1 serving). Yes, it's 80 calories, but that's a FAAAARRR cry from 740!

Your husband is really testing your resolve, isn't he??

Good luck!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Go look at the exercises and see how long you have to exercise to work one muffin off! That's the way I think when I have something like that staring me in the face. And send them all to work with your husband tomorrow! lol
  • CinthyNair
    CinthyNair Posts: 261
    Options
    The way I see it, you have 2 options:

1. Take a small bite, and have the satisfaction you had a taste of it, then burn it off in your next workout, or ...
    2. Stay away, and just say no, especially if you have reached the max calorie for the day :)
  • alissab1113
    Options
    Dont have any! you will be completely dissapointed in yourself if you do! you will be so mad and hate yourself! its just not worth it
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I say let the trashcan eat it and whip your husband for bringing it into the house and tempting you like that!:bigsmile:
  • skinnyjess00
    skinnyjess00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    spray windex on them! quick!!!
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Think about how loooooonnnnng you'd have to exercise if you at that! Don't do it!!! Drink some lowfat chocolate milk or hot chocolate if you are really craving the chocolate, but don't eat one of those. If you really must, just have half then. If your willpower isn't strong enough, don't go there though.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Well...first I say...STEP AWAY FROM THE MUFFINS! Then give your husband a slap upside the head for bringing that temptation home. My old self would say send them to me....but no, I will just admire them from afar and eat my fruit!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    to eat it is a no no!! Remember having it will only be 3 minutes of enjoyment, then after you will feel like crap! So tell him to get rid of them or take them in another room and eat them all! Then remember why your here, your goals, go pop a bag of popcorn or have a chocolate protein bar like a cliff, luna what ever you have thats healthy. I call that sabotash!!!
  • merbee
    merbee Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    . Weight loss is all in your way of thinking about food. If you can avoid this temptation - then you can avoid any !!! Tell yourself that you want weight loss more than you want that muffin. That works for me.
  • Emorriso165
    Options
    Go to NBC.com and look up biggest loser transformations :) Always gets me encouraged! I can't watch an episode of biggest loser without feeling like I need to hit the gym!!
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    Very good words of wisdom here! 700+ calories for a choc muffin is a lot!!! DO NOT DO IT! It's not worth it.

Next time you go shopping, have a look for some diet cake mix and make your own! :-)
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Think of a big nasty bug (cockroach) walking across the top of them!
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    Just think, "muffin top".
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hide them out of sight. Drink a bunch of water. Go look at the clothes in your closet and try some things on...sometimes when I want a really bad treat I will put on a very form fitting top and remind myself how much work it took me to get here and how I can't blow that many cals on whatever thing it is. Don't do ittttttttttt
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Stay away from them! I broke down and ate potato chips a while back and they didnt taste good and I felt crappy afterwards. It was not worth it in any way I looked at it. Learn from my lesson, it wont taste as good as it looks.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i'd tell him to hide them. but i have eating issues so yeah