CHEAT DAY

Options
What is everyone's Cheat day like??? How much and of what and what is a healthy cheat day???

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    More or less a cheat meal. Not a whole day thing. For one meal go all out. I like to go to a restaurant and have whatever I want and dessert.
  • lisabundy5
    Options
    I have what I want within moderation still. I always try to have a veggie and some fruit with it, but sometimes it doesn't happen. The one thing I do try to do is schedule my cheat day if possible. That way I know an extra half hour might just help a little. =)

BTW, my favorite cheat meal is pizza with a coke. 3 times in 9 weeks and I am down 25. =)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in cheat days. If this really is a lifestyle change, how I eat is the routine every day. I work special occasions in by exercising a little extra so that I have calories to work with. I am learning not to live for food. At least for me, if I had blow out meals or days, it would start me down a path of gradually doing it more often and then being back where I started. The only person I'm cheating is myself with that kinds of thinking.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I agree completely with Sherry. Eat clean most of the time and throw in something that you really enjoy here and there.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I dont use protection those days...hehehe heh ha he
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I visit one of the local massage parlors. Oh! that kind of cheat day. I usually eat something from Carls Jr.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I visit one of the local massage parlors. Oh! that kind of cheat day. I usually eat something from Carls Jr.

hahaahahahaha
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I don't believe in cheat days. If this really is a lifestyle change, how I eat is the routine every day. I work special occasions in by exercising a little extra so that I have calories to work with. I am learning not to live for food. At least for me, if I had blow out meals or days, it would start me down a path of gradually doing it more often and then being back where I started. The only person I'm cheating is myself with that kinds of thinking.

I couldn't agree more. The only 'cheat' I have is something I would consider unhealthy but that fits within my daily calorie allowance like an occasional piece of chocolate but I will do nothing that will put more weight on. It is coming off and staying off!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I don't have a special Cheat Day, I think its an excuse to eat like crap once a week, and thats not good for my body.
    When I go out to eat I try and order smaller, healthier proportions, and look up my meals beforehand.. I'm usually satisfied.

However, I do splurge on occasion, like when I was our for my birthday, or Valentines day, etc. But even then, I splurge in moderation. I still get a healthy meal, but might have some cheese sticks, or a desert.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I find by keeping my deficit small (my goal is to lose .5 pound/week) and eating back my exercise calories, I don't need a cheat day. I can fit what I like within my daily allotment--pizza, wine, crusty bread with real butter, the occasional burger, ice cream, Pop-Tarts...
  • angeleyz4u
    Options
    My 'cheat' day is when I go out to eat a the sushi place with my friend usually bi-weekly or once a month. The rolls I get are overall healthy, just so high in calories! But I eat and ENJOY them :}
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am really afraid to have a "cheat" day! I'm afraid I will not be able to get back on track again. Being short (5' 2"), sedentary due to bad knees and back, and older; it's very difficult to lose weight. So far I have done well and have tried very hard to stay within my calorie range when eating out. I am really determined to get off this extra 30 pounds I'm toting around.
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm also not a fan of "cheat days." I can do a whole lo of damage in a full day, and my thinking is what takes the worst of it. If there's something high in calories that I really want, I can plan it along with a really long workout so it fits into the day.
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    my cheat is one meal that day and one sweet:) on the day of my choosing
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I try to stay under 2000 cals and have what I fancy within that.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    My cheat day is when I go out with the guys even though I try hard not to go over my daily limit cal wise I still feel guilty because of the beers .
  • Stikman008
    Options
    I find by keeping my deficit small (my goal is to lose .5 pound/week) and eating back my exercise calories, I don't need a cheat day. I can fit what I like within my daily allotment--pizza, wine, crusty bread with real butter, the occasional burger, ice cream, Pop-Tarts...

I'm just starting out and that's how I'm tackling weight loss. Once I started keeping track of cals I couldn't believe my intake, so I set my goal / day to about 15% less than what I need to sustain. I am eating what I want, just smaller portions. Of course, this also causes me to seek out healthier choices in menus since I want to eat more but still have a low cal count. I am going to start real exercise soon, as I have been doing smaller exercises and short walks.

That being said, I have a friend who is into bodybuilding. He has a cheat meal every so often, but it is not as big as you would think. I say try it out, and closely monitor your progress. If you see yourself regressing, you know what to do.
  • happychic
    happychic Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    One day a week, I cheat during lunch. This gives me more time during the afternoon to burn the calories. I increase my workout that evening, as well. I still don't burn all the calories but, it helps!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My cheat days have been amazing. The whole extended family comes together and, believe it or not, the last cheat day I had they had brought me gifts. Hmmmm, maybe that was all because it was Thanksgiving and Christmas but I like to think they did it all for me.

In all seriousness, I don't really do cheat days or cheat meals really. I'm in this for the long haul. I eat pretty much anything I want. I just make sure it fits in my calorie goals. Chocolate, pizza, burger and fries, whatever it is, I'll have it but make sure it fits within my daily goals. That said, I've learned that 1000 calories wasted on a burger and fries leaves me hungry while the same 1000 calories of lean protein and veggies keeps me satisfied.