Did my first 30DS this morning

Options
Didn't die! But was really surprised by how hard it was, I built up quite the sweat from it so definitely going to keep going!
I have 3 small kids so I will be getting up at about 6:30 to do it in future, today I did it while my 19 month old was napping in the morning but ended up needing another shower after I did it and NZ has a drought at the moment so I don't want to keep having 2 showers a day!

Must say it was hard to do but the exercises themselves were easy to understand, now to get myself some weights ...

Replies

• orangeshadows
    Options
    Tomorrow is my 5th day. The aches and pain went away after my 4th workout. Also if you dont have weights canned food would work.
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks - something to look forward to then, haha.
    I may have to dig into the pantry for some cans I think. Pretty sure hubby is going to look at me like i am nutso anyway as I will have to do the workouts in the bedroom as Mr 19months gets up at 6 so the lounge will be taken!
  • candieprayz
    candieprayz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! My husband and I are on day 6 of level 1 and today for the first time I did level 1 two times! I previewed level 2 and 3 and I must say I am scared! lol If ever there are moves I can not do I try to still keep my body moving. We should be in level 2 by now but we took a week off because I had a severe allergic reaction to hair dye and had burns all over my face and head and I am just now able to brush my hair. But today I worked out without my husband and I am so sore! Good thing I have some icy hot on hand! lol The pain is the worst! And Jillian Michael's ain't no joke! She kicks your *kitten* and I love that she makes you use your own body to train itself rather than a bunch of huge exercise contraptions you find in the gym. Keep us posted how it turns out for you!
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 day (it is 5.50am here right so not actually done it yet LOL)

I also go to the gym and have found with the 30DS as well, that is has been great for my arms, but not so for my legs and abs. I end up doing another workout afterwards just focusing on lower body.

That may change though when I go up a level LOL! I am enjoying it, although I am not doing it to get the results that they talk about as in, look great in 30 days, I am using it to compliment going to the gym and to ensure I get a bit of exercise at least 6 out 7 days.
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    I am seeing it more as getting myself moving in the mornings and getting some exercise into the day too.
    I don't even know what the results are supposed to be. (Pretty sure I'm not going to be getting any awesome muscle tone until I drop some weight!)