Not eating back exercise calories?

Options
I had been eating back my calories burned for about a year. I have a heart rate monitor and would include them in my food diary. Thats when I had weight loss set at 2lbs per week.

Recently I have changed the setting to 1lb lost a week. I have been weighing my food and have been really good about it. I am not counting exercise calories as they are mostly from weight training and figured that since I set the weight loss rate at 1lb per week that would give me a bit of a buffer.

Some of my family say I'm not eating enough (~2000 cals a day) 190lbs. I don't know if its because they truly feel I'm not eating enough, or because they have been used to me eating a lot and quite frequently. I havent been under 200lbs in years!! I feel great, I just dont know whether to be concerned or not...

Itd be cool if someone took a look at my food diary and gave me some thoughts! :happy:
Oh...and for the days when theres no entries, its because i just havent logged them in...(I write the measurements down on a notebook, but dont always transfer them... :P )

Replies

• diabloben68
    Options
    Itd be cool if someone took a look at my food diary and gave me some thoughts! :happy:
    Oh...and for the days when theres no entries, its because i just havent logged them in...(I write the measurements down on a notebook, but dont always transfer them... :P )

I looked through your food diary and for the days in which you completed it looked great! ~2000 calories with an adequate amount of protein and carbs! Remember that carbs are good for your brain, studies have shown people who cut carbs are more likely to gain the weight back (ADS).
    Maybe one recommendation is to increase the amount of vegetables and fruits you consume. Those phyto-nutrients are whats gonna keep you healthy in my opinion. I recommend spinach, broccoli (which i saw you do eat), carrots, tomatoes, onions, strawberries, blueberries, and oranges. I hate eating spinach with my meal, so i just measure out 2.5 cups (1 serving) and cram it in my mouth before I eat a meal. That way I can separate it from the rest of my meal, wierd I know.

What is your desired end weight?

Some times trying to find that end weight is a little more complicated than just choosing a number that seems right.
    For example. I weighed 172 lbs my senior year in high school, and I was skinny/buff. So 10 years later I am thinking that I can get down to 172 and thats a good weight. Problem is, somewhere along the way I grew up and gained muscle, so getting down to 172 is not realistic, in fact, 185-190 is about where I need to be with around 12-14% body fat.

I share this not because I want to high light myself, only to offer some insight on where you want to be. You may very well be at the weight you need to be, in which case I suggest finding your daily allotment of Cals and sticking to it.

Also, about your family, if they are anything like my parents, moderation with food consumption is unheard of. Simply put, most people are eating more than they should, so to them it may seem ludicrous, but your probably about right.

Also, as a side note, I see that you are studying econ as well. That is my major, though I have taken a break to practice real estate.