how come Im not loosing weight L1D8 ------

Options
I am doing the 30ds on L1D9 tomorrow and I also burn 350cals on cardio elliptical everyday along with the 30 day shred. Nothing has come off, in fact.. I actually gained a lb! I have been doing the exercise straight through. but today I was so very tired, I couldn't. I came home ate and slept. I need help,,why is my body holding onto this gross fat!!??? so frustrated and depressed

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Has it only been 9 days since you started working out? You're burning 350 on the eliptical plus whatever you burn with 30DS? How much are you eating every day? Are you taking rest days, or have you worked 9 days (or more) without a break?

Best guess based on the limited info -

-It's only been 9 days, not enough time to see any major results.
    -The 1lb gain is likely water weight - you're working your muscles and possibly doing new things if you've just started all this, so your muscles retain water to repair themselves. Make sure you're drinking enough water each day.
    -If you're not taking any rest days, please do! Exercise is stress on the body, and your muscles need time to repair and your body needs rest. At least one day off per week is important.
    -If you're set at the standard 1200 calories a day, please make sure you eat back your exercise cals - your doing a lot in those workouts, and food is fuel!

The part where you said you're so very tired, to the point of just eating and sleeping when you get home, tells me you are working yourself too hard, not eating enough, or both. Rest is definitely part of the equation, as is proper fueling/nutrition, and patience! :smile: We didn't gain the weight/fat overnight and it's not going to come off overnight either. It takes time, but it's worth it.
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    If you feel a lack of energy and aren't losing weight, it is very likely that you are not eating enough. If your body is under too much stress (two causes of stress are calorie deficit and exercise) it will be less likely to "help" you lose weight.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    You may need to eat more. And this program wasn't intended to be done everyday. Take breaks. Your body is obviously screaming for one.
  • MichelleRoseMurphy
    MichelleRoseMurphy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am slow to lose weight too. But I bet you would see a difference in measurements. Also, don't let yourself feel starved, it won't help you. It will negatively impact your mood and your results. Hang in there, although we want to see fast results sometimes we just have to be patient. I have only lost 3 lbs up to this point, but I do my best, rest when I need to and eat if I am hungry.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30ds on L1D9 tomorrow and I also burn 350cals on cardio elliptical everyday along with the 30 day shred. Nothing has come off, in fact.. I actually gained a lb! I have been doing the exercise straight through. but today I was so very tired, I couldn't. I came home ate and slept. I need help,,why is my body holding onto this gross fat!!??? so frustrated and depressed

What is your food intake like? It is the food intake that will determine weight loss, not the amount of exercise you do.

You need to take in less calories than you use up daily, otherwise no amount of exercise will make you lose weight.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Forget the scale, what are your inches like?

Weight is only one way to measure success.
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am halfway through level three now and I still do not think I have lost any weight. However, I FEEL different, and I LOOK different, so I believe that I am losing fat, I am just gaining enough muscle to counter my losses.

Also, Make sure that you are eating enough, getting plenty of water and protein, and sleeping enough.

The first half of 30DS is really just changing your body's muscle structures and building upon them, so if you did not already have a good lifting/circuit routine, you might just be building up a lot of muscles that were not very active before.

STICK WITH IT!!!!

I promise it will be worth it, even if the scale doesn't budge!
  • btay1564
    btay1564 Posts: 23
    Options
    Agree with those saying to measure. In my experience with 30DS, my weight doesn't change much, but I lost a total of 5 inches by the end of L1. So whip out the tape measure, and pay more attention to how you are feeling rather than what the scale says. Also agree with the poster who said it's not meant to be done every day. You should definitely give yourself rest days to recover! It's "30" days because there are three levels and you spend ten days on each level; it doesn't mean you have to do it for 30 days straight. :-)

And I of course agree with everyone saying to make sure you eat adequately to fuel your workouts. It's 80% diet and 20% exercise, so they say.