Weight loss competition- Fat no more

Options
Would anyone care to join me in a friendly weight loss competition? We could do pound for pound or percentage based weight loss. I'll see how many people join up and we'll pick a start date later in the thread. I figure, we all take a photo of ourselves before and either make a video/photo showing us getting on the scale and logging our progress. If you're interested just post on the thread obviously.

Replies

• lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    Options
    Yeah this sounds like fun
  • sp7991
    sp7991 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    let's start
  • vinchass9
    vinchass9 Posts: 36
    Options
    BUMP
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm in.
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would like to join :)
  • vinchass9
    Options
    Alright, this is the last bump and we'll start the competition soon thereafter.
  • vinchass9
    Options
    Ok, so let's try to get all of our starting weights in by Sunday night. Just snap a pic on the scale or video yourself hopping on. Let's see who can lose the largest percentage of weight from now until June.
  • mtc5995
    mtc5995 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Can I join in or is it too late? I have over 146 I need to lose by May 2014 and just getting started
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I'm already in a competition for 21,000$ at Dietbet.com. All people who cut 4% of their weight in 4 weeks gets to split the pot.
  • vinchass9
    Options
    Sure, just submit by Sunday.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump, if I buy a scale this weekend i'll post to join..great idea i need this type of motivation!
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    TrainSweatEatSleep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump, if I buy a scale this weekend i'll post to join..great idea i need this type of motivation!

wow.
    you're probably the only person who'll show progress
    if you're the only one with a scale (buy a digital one)

If you literally weigh your food to every gram and ounce
    you'll actually get the exact nutritional value out of each meal.

:tongue:

Don't neglect the healthy sources of carbohydrates, fat, & protein though...
  • Janie_May
    Janie_May Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you literally weigh your food to every gram and ounce you'll actually get the exact nutritional value out of each meal.

TrainSweatEat, do you have a food scale you'd recommend? I have a really old one (not digital)...a little dubious about its accuracy. Thanks.
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Definitely in if it's not too late :)

I'm pretty sure not to win but this is a nice challenge, great idea!

good luck everyone!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm game. I've been working on losing my last five pounds since the middle of January. UGH!! It's not going anywhere!

TrainSweatEat...you're right about weighing it before consuming it. That might just be my solution. I have a scale sitting on my counter...wonder how must that layer of dust weighs. Thanks for the reminder.

I don't know how to post pictures, but I'll figure it out. This will be fun!

Thanks for doing this vinchass9.
  • Noenvynofear
    Noenvynofear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    this is exactly what i was looking for!
    right so what are the rules?
    how often dow e post what we lost?
  • vinchass9
    Options
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zdywjq&s=6

277lbs

above is my first weigh in photo.

@noenvynofear Post your weight loss as often as you like. The competition will end in the middle of June.
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    http://tinypic.com/r/wusdhf/6

294/5 is my first weigh in. Sorry for the bad focus, I need to buy a digit scale soon
  • Sandylovesm
    Options
    I was 77.3 on Friday. I had not the possibility to weigh in again with a picture etc since I share my scales with someone else whose bathroom was locked all over the week-end.

Sorry not to post a picture ;) good luck everyone!
  • Sandylovesm
    Options
    I was 77.3 on Friday. I had not the possibility to weigh in again with a picture etc since I share my scales with someone else whose bathroom was locked all over the week-end.

Sorry not to post a picture ;) good luck everyone!

It's 170.4 lbs