VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE coconut oatmeal craisin cookies

Options
tumblr_mjoy3s3Ggd1qih32ko1_500.jpg

i got 27 cookies out of this. 137 calories for each. i'd recommend making them a bit bigger - i'd rather have a bigger cookie for 200 and feel like i got a good deal than a smaller one for 137 and feel like i want another.

3/4 cup dairy-free butter (i used nucoa and don't worry about the lactic acid because the kosher mark says it's non dairy, which means definitely no dairy derivatives... also i checked online anyway and it said lactic acid isn't from milk so yay totally vegan!!!!)
1/3 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup GF flour replacement
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup oat bran
1 cup oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup craisins

k so you whip the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk, then add the wet ingredients and mix with a regular mixing spoon (not the electric whisk anymore!!!), then the dry ingredients. bake at 350 for around 20 mins (at least that's how long it took mine)
also
they won't be hard or especially golden brown or anything, so just check to see if they're sort of firm and pick one up and check if the bottom is getting dark and if it is then they're done

also let them cool a bit before you eat them cuz they're super crumbly when they're hot

Replies

• Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    aw man these sound yum but I cant even eat oats marked as uncontaminated and gluten free :(
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    aw man these sound yum but I cant even eat oats marked as uncontaminated and gluten free :(
    omg that SUCKS
    i've heard of celiacs having terrible reactions to oats and sorghum flour :( you could probably try replacing the oat bran with ground almond and the oats with more shredded coconut and some chopped walnuts!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I can't eat gluten, dairy or eggs so this is perfect for me! :drinker:
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    omg that SUCKS
    i've heard of celiacs having terrible reactions to oats and sorghum flour :( you could probably try replacing the oat bran with ground almond and the oats with more shredded coconut and some chopped walnuts!

ohh good idea :)