My daughters birthday :)

Options
Hello, well my daughter will be one on the 20th of this month.
I'm having a little get together where there will be food served and cake.
I was just thinking what would you do! Would you eat the cake?
I do love cake and it is my daughters birthday, I'm sure a one off wont hurt? right?

Replies

• LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    No... a night off will not hurt. If you're making this about life and not diet, you can't completely restrict yourself.
  • wanabefitter
    Options
    it was my sons yesterday, and I had a small piece of cake, and enjoyed it, its not a diet! its a life change. Just make sure the one piece does not allow you feel you can eat much more!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake.

Not the whole thing though.
  • RobinsonDawn
    RobinsonDawn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I will enjoy a small slice of cake! As long as I dont eat the whole thing haha
  • karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    With MFP, nothing is off limits. If you want a piece of cake, have it. I'd suggest still logging your food, but set your calories to maintenance! Even if you go over, so what? It's a special occasion!
    K
  • Infauna
    Infauna Posts: 89
    Options
    I would eat cake, it's your daughter's birthday. You can't put life on hold because of a diet.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Been there done that! My advice is a the end of the party, if some cake is left over GIVE IT AWAY!! I used to cut the leftovers up and freeze it but ended up scoffing them anyway just because they were there! Fortunately any birthday cakes these days get eaten by 3 teenagers quicker than I can blink so the problem has reduced somewhat!!!
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    We just celebrated my grandson's second birthday. There was cake
    (split it with my husband). And pizza (only ate one piece). I still came in under my calorie goal for the day.

Maybe save a couple of hundred calories that day just for the party. But don't stress over it. If you go over, you go over.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Just fit it into your caloric goal! Even if you go over a little, don't sweat it! It's the wonderful celebration of the birth of your precious daughter, I'm sure you'll feel amazing no matter what :) Have fun and congrats on your little one turning one! <3