Snacks for a college kid.

Options
I am looking for some good snacks I can take on campus with me during the day. I am on a budget, so please don't recommend some random delicacy. lol.

I have a fiber one cookie (90 calories). But I would like something with a bit less sugar in it and more nutritional value. Thanks~

Replies

• AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    College kid here too - and since I work on campus bringing snacks is a must lest I start living out of the vending machine :P Anyway, here are some of the ones I've come up with:

- Stewed apple with cinnamon and raisins
    - Sliced banana with melted dark chocolate
    - Cottage cheese with frozen blueberries
    - Rice crackers with avocado and ham
    - Hard boiled eggs with peanut butter

Hope this helps :)
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    - Muesli bar
    - Fruit (apples, bananas etc.)
    - Trail mix
    - Biscuits
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I bring a lunch box to school with me with lots of food otherwise i'd waste my money on expensive unhealthy stuff for sale there lol
    Things I bring:
    cheese sticks
    cottage cheese
    small containers of fruits or veggies
    cheese and kashi crackers
    hummus and pretzel chips
    dark chocolate squares
    yogurt and chia seeds
    granola
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I swipe fruit from the dining hall and eat chewy granola bars all through the day. Not the best route, but you can buy them in bulk and they're yummy - whatever, whatever. also, peanut butter on everything all the time. But maybe that's just me.

The girl who sits next to me in History always has a little baggy of carrots with a tiny bit of ranch and she eats them with a fork. She's real weird :laugh:
  • valeriecaden
    valeriecaden Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A lot of good suggestions here so far. I usually bring a baggy of almonds in my backpack. They are filling, nutritious and easy. If you buy them in bulk they are cheap as well and great to put on salads too when you're at home. I also like snacking on veggies like cucumbers or red/green peppers because they're inexpensive, easy to slice up and put in a baggy and aren't noisy in class.