I am not losing weight

maybelov3d
maybelov3d Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I LOVE the idea of keeping my food and exercises on this website. It really makes me rethink and change my eating habits. But unfortunately it has been a week, and I haven't dropped an ounce. My calorie intake is below the cut off every time, I eat on a usual schedule (which is only 3 meals a day because I have school), and I work out everyday. Plus, I drink 6 glasses of water a day. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I need to lose 10 pounds to reach my healthy weight. Please help!

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    It's only been a week and you've only 10lbs to lose, those are both the reasons you are not losing yet, you haven't given your body any time to begin the process...unfortunately you need to be patient and a week isn't going to cut it.
  • I guess what I don't get is that the meter says I should lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks. meaning 2 pounds a week right?
  • imagymrat
    2lbs a week for someone like you, who isn't very heavy to begin with (just judging by your profile pic) is going to be ridiculously hard to do, it takes me about three weeks to take off 3 pounds, my body has very little fat on it and it takes me much longer to lose weight then someone who's got 50lbs to lose, a 2lb per week goal for someone with that amount to lose would be realistic, but I would still recommend being happy with a 1 pound weight loss a week, slow and steady, the quick fixes almost always lead to gaining it all back, and that would just suck, plus it meant you depleted your body of so many nutrients in your quest to lose weight way too fast. And don't stress about it either, because that will hinder weight loss results as well...boy I got no good news for you!:laugh: :tongue:
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I LOVE the idea of keeping my food and exercises on this website. It really makes me rethink and change my eating habits. But unfortunately it has been a week, and I haven't dropped an ounce. My calorie intake is below the cut off every time, I eat on a usual schedule (which is only 3 meals a day because I have school), and I work out everyday. Plus, I drink 6 glasses of water a day. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I need to lose 10 pounds to reach my healthy weight. Please help!

You also need to eat all the calories MFP gives you plus some if not all of your exercise calories. You also need to drink all of your water. Believe me it works. I was losing so slowing to begin with then I finally listened and upped my calories and BANG I lost
  • caristear
    caristear Posts: 30
    You need to eat at least 1200 calories a day or you're depriving your body. Also take a day off during the week of working out.
  • Keep at it. Focus on how you feel after you work out and at the end of the day when you didn't over do it. I bet you feel great. Don't stress, sweety, it will happen. Think positive!:tongue:
  • imagymrat
    You need to eat at least 1200 calories a day or you're depriving your body. Also take a day off during the week of working out.

Why take a rest day? It's not always necessary, I go three to four weeks straight without a rest day, not everyone needs it, you can do cardio every single day. Weight lifting can be done everyday if you are working different muscle groups, a rest day is a totally personal thing and not necessary for everyone.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member

Why take a rest day? It's not always necessary, I go three to four weeks straight without a rest day, not everyone needs it, you can do cardio every single day. Weight lifting can be done everyday if you are working different muscle groups, a rest day is a totally personal thing and not necessary for everyone.

I agree. I exercise every day. I do P90x 6 days a week then I also do other exercise: elliptical, walking, rollerblading, etc even on the "rest day" of P90x. I burn a min of 450 calories a day. I use a heart rate monitor so I am fairly confident of the calories.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    There's no way if you ONLY have 10 lbs to lose, you'll lose it in 5 weeks, sorry! Also, you should be drinking more water than 6 glasses per day, unless you weigh 96 pounds. Give your body some time to get used to the changes you've made and then you should lose weight. But know, it might take some time since again, you don't have much to lose.
This discussion has been closed.