BodyMedia Armband sync question

Options
BODY MEDIA PEEPS: how often do you sync your info? Do you do it in the morning or evening??? I feel like my workout/nutrition info for yesterday went to the day before info...weird.

I have checked and rechecked my timezone info so its not that. just wondering if I didn't read some important info before slapping on the armband.. :-/ I DID HOWEVER just find out on MFp there is a setting for timezones. I never knew that so I just changed that to be correct.
I logged my breakfast so far for today(its 8:30am right now where i am) and when i look at my armband it logged it under PM Snacks.............why???

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I don't really care where my food gets logged in BMF as long as the total is right. And even then it really doesnt matter to me since I can see it here, but it would be nice for reporting later that everything is correct.
    I usually sync 2 or 3 times a day: when I wake up, sometimes when I get home from work, then after a workout, charging it while I shower. So really I don't see actual totals of my burns til the next morning.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I plug my device in at work in the morning simply because that is when I am not moving anything except my fingers answering emails...I like every calories to count. I log my food here and haven't had an issue. As long as the info is logged and is correct it should really matter, sometimes I will plan my food the day before and I will eat my yogurt in the morning instead of afternoon. as long as it is tracked im straight. good luck!
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't really worry about it unless I start noticing my totals between MFP and my BMF aren't the same. Oddly enough though, there is ususally a small calorie difference between what I have in MFP and what my BMF shows. It's usually only 1-5 calories so I don't worry about it, but it's interesting.

I just looked and had things logged under PM Snack which is interesting because I don't even have that category on MFP. I typically sync mine three times a day. In the morning so I can see my sleep from the night before, early afternoon when I'm in the shower so it can charge and right before bed so I can see how my calorie deficit is going to work out for the day. That's the number I focus the most on. I still haven't figured how MFP syncs the info from my BMF, but if I were to eat at what MFP has me at every day I would be several hundred calories short of the 1000 calorie deficit per day I'm shooting for.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I have never even thought to look at how my food logs on the BodyMedia site. As long as the calorie total for the day is right (or within that 5ish or so that NavyMommy mentioned), I'm ok with that. I rarely drink, but I went crazy a few weeks ago and had a whole bottle of wine (hic) and I did notice that it never logged any alcohol calories. I mean, it added the calories, but none under the alcohol part of fat/carb/protein/alcohol.

As for syncing, I don't do it at any particular time, just whenever I get the urge. :) If you just adjusted your timezone now, it may be behaving a little funky while it adjusts to that.
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE! Clearly I am over analyzing this..lol I just found it weird that I ate and logged food in at 8am and it put it into my PM snacks...there has to be somthing off here. O'well your alll right...at the end of the day we are all looking for THAT CALORIE DEFICIT!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY Y'ALL :-)