Does green tea really help you lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I never seen a difference in the amount of weight I lose...but green tea (like others have mentioned) is full of so many antioxidants, that its so good for your health in general! The antioxidants can also help slow down aging. Which is why I drink it.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Green tea is delicious. That's why I drink it..
  • Alice_104
    Options
    Most of the diet plans recommend green tea(2-3 cup) and grape juice for losing weight
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Yes, but so does any zero calorie drink like herbal tea, black coffee, water, seltzer etc. so long as it replaces beverages with calories.

I should also add that Diet soft drinks and mixes like Crystal light don't count. They have to be natural drinks that assist in weight loss.
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am an absolute Tea Lover .. I drink a variety of teas; Green - White - Matcha - Oolong - Speciality Teas .. etc.
    I usually drink anywhere from 6-10 cups of tea a day and I love the benefits that comes with every cup :)

I've definitely noticed that consuming green tea surpresses my appetite and most definitely eliminates cravings -
    It also gives me an extra boost of energy :)

One important thing you must bear in mind to have beautifully brewed green tea all depends (with the exception
    of quality of course) on the right temperature of the water -- if you attempt to use boiling water it'll only make your
    green tea bitter and disgusting and more importantly it burns the tea leaves and destroys the benefits of the green tea ...

For a great tasting cup of green tea (no I'm not going to tell you to check the temperature of the water) but instead I'm
    going to say once the water has come to a boil allow it to sit for 5-7 minutes before pouring it over the green
    tea -- you'll taste the difference -- Green tea should never taste bitter or overpowering :)

Enjoy!!! :)
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    don't force yourself to consume something your body doesn't want- I hate kale. I won't eat it ! I like the taste of green tea from
    a tea bag but it seems to make me nervous so I don't drink it. Listen to your body.:flowerforyou: