Just need to vent

Options
Okay, I've been doing this now for a good 4 weeks... This will be my 4th week. I've done it in the past and lost 15 pounds, so I know I can do it. Well since this journey started in the last 4 weeks I have been SO disciplined with staying withing my calorie range and drinking all of my water. I drink almost 100 oz of water a day. I keep my sodium low so I don't get bloated and I try my best to plan my meals (Been doing awesome, so proud of myself) Well, maybe I just expected to see more drop off than I have. I know I can't be picky with what I chose I should be losing one pound per week. Well I weighed myself this morning and I am up one pound from last week. I don't know why! Maybe my body just adjusting. I try so hard not to let myself get discouraged, but I'm only human! I want to be as realistic as I can, but man.... I just wanted to vent this morning and say that it bothered me. There I'm finished ! lol However because I had a bad weigh in, I will not let it discourage me. I stil am SO all for losing this weight and I WILL NOT let myself derail this time! I've too many times in my life let it derail me and I would get off track, then be even more mad at myself! I actually am feeling really good, minus the weigh in! It feels good to eat right! I haven't really been working out, but even with just eating right, it's amazing how much my mood has changed.

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Is it that TOM? because that could be it. I gained 3 lbs that week and then lost four the next :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Good attitude...KEEP GOING.

The scale is a dirty lying BEEP anyway.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Upset over 1 lb ?? Probably just water weight... or poo. Don't be so hard on yourself; you are doing great.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I could drop weight like water. Now? Pttht. I was dropping pretty well then about two weeks ago it came to a grinding halt.
  • fis373594
    fis373594 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stay focus and keep up with the good work.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    You have a winning attitude. Stick with it, everything will come together as planned. You can do this!
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    MFP keeps telling me in 5 weeks I'll be 6-8lbs down and it's frustrating to see me hovering over the same weight each week. I got out my tape measure this morning though and I have definitely lost inches. Don't let the scale get you down. Everything you're doing is making a difference!
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    the need to vent is understandable, and i'm loving your "push through it" attitude!!

my only advice, is to look at your weight loss as a total through the month overall. i've lost 24lbs so far, and some weeks i'll drop 3 lbs, the next week i'll gain one back. then the following week i'll loose two pounds, and then i'll gain another back. but ultimately at the end of the month, i'm still below where i started at the beginning. fluxuations happen, but as long as you keep your eating clean, track your food honestly down to a T, and get some good exercise in, there's NO way you won't lose!

great job, keep on trucking girl!
  • redredfox
    redredfox Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can gain anywhere from 1-4/5 pounds overnight due to waterweight and things like that. Don't stress! If you have started a new workout routine, you will also initially gain a little weight. It could be your muscles getting sore and swollen in order to "protect" themselves and repair. Many people give up on new workout routines early on because they don't see any weight loss on the scale. Just stick with being healthy and the results will follow!
  • ladylinda55
    ladylinda55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hid my scale after the same thing happened to me..I was eating properly and exercising (Zumba and weight classes for 4 weeks and I gained two pounds) I have decided to get on the scale again if and when my clothes start feeling loose.