Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone else hate being called "Sir"?

Replies

• dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    In certain circumstances, sir is the only appropriate response. ;)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    I think the sentiment of this thread is based around an appreciation of the absurd and an understanding of well-placed sarcasm. And I think that's a necessary (but far too uncommon) set up for levity, laughter and loosening of undergarments.

hi
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    All my slaves have to call me Sir or Master.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Yeah, I really hate being called sir. It makes things really awkward...
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Whenever a stranger who doesn't know my name or preferences, goes out of their way and tries to be courteous to me, I'm sure to punch them in the face. I mean how dare they?! This world sucks and people trying to be all NICE and POLITE just make it worse. :angry:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    I do not like to be called Sir. I realize that it's intended to be respectful but I like to complain when people respect me. I'm only 29 years old, I don't need to be respected or be called terms out of respect. You can call me "yo" or "wassup fat daddio"

Any other men feel the same way?

yes sir. I certainly do sir.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    no, I wish more people actually had respect for others these days
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    I hate being called Sir or Mister....especially since I'm female. :grumble:

It happens from behind more than I'd like.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Yes the preferred term if you do not know my name is Dio.
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    I do not like to be called Sir. I realize that it's intended to be respectful but I like to complain when people respect me. I'm only 29 years old, I don't need to be respected or be called terms out of respect. You can call me "yo" or "wassup fat daddio"

Any other men feel the same way?
    I am not bothered by it...but I hate when you call someone sir, and they yell at you for calling them that but they are always saying sir back to you!!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    I think the sentiment of this thread is based around an appreciation of the absurd and an understanding of well-placed sarcasm. And I think that's a necessary (but far too uncommon) set up for levity, laughter and loosening of undergarments.

{{Slow clap}} Well played Sir, well played! :wink:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    sometimes it makes me feel old, like I want to turn around and see if my father is in the room or something, but most of the time it doesn't even register LOL \m/
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    I prefer "sweetcheeks"
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member
    I don't like being called Mister. It makes me feel old.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    I don't like mister but I don't mind Sir, at least when I'm working.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    No Sir
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    I was never knighted by the Queen so I guess I don't even deserve to be called Sir. Old Man is generally the term I get.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Ha! Yesterday I was called "Miss" by a guy young enough to be my son. :blushing:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    My inner-Drill-Sargeant thinks it is not only a good idea that you do, but you'll drop and give me 20 if you don't.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    "Mister" bugs me. Sir? Sometimes it's perfectly appropriate and expected.