Lowest Cal Bread

Options
I am trying to find the biggest bang for my buck! I tried doing the English muffins last week for my egg scramble and it was 120 calories. My hubby wanted some of the Arnold's Thins which are only 100 calories, but so pricey. Have you all found a great bread for low cal and low price?

Please share you ideas for bread subsititues as well! I don't eat a lot of bread, but like scrambeled egg on toast in the morning.

Thanks!

Replies

• ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I eat Butternut All Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat. 65 cals, 12.5g carbs, 3.5g protein per slice.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Low calorie bread is low calorie because it doesn't contain anything really worth eating. I just aim for a normal whole grain bread. The difference in calories really doesn't make that big a difference.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Whole Wheat Bread is only about 80 calories for 2 slices.
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee Light and Delicious - 2 slices 90 calories
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee and Schwebel's both make low-cal wheat- I believe Sara Lee is 40cal/slice and Schwebels is 35cal/slice.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Healthy Life....35 calories per slice. They also make english muffins....80 calories per....
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I will see if our local grocery store carries them! Appreciate all the responses!!!!
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee Light and Delicious - 2 slices 90 calories

This
  • magicmerlie
    Options
    Nature's Own Whole Wheat Bread is 50 cals/slice. Its lighter in cals compared to its equals in the grocery aisle.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has some great options. Lots of choices so you can pick what you want - low cal, low carb, high fiber, etc. Not sure what your idea of pricey is but where I am they are around $2.99/loaf.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Nature's own double fiber bread is very good tasting and low cal and lots of fiber. Its nice and soft too.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I also like begal thins, eating right or sara lee
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    We use Peperidge Farm Light Extra Fiber. It is 40 calories per slice and I forget how many grams of fiber.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I like the Village Hearth Lite 12 Grain, there are 80 calories in 2 slices of that
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Sarah Lee makes a great bread that is whole grain and 45 calories a slice!!!
  • dalesd
    dalesd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The lowest calorie bread is no bread at all. You can eat your scrambled eggs without toast.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The lowest calorie bread is no bread at all. You can eat your scrambled eggs without toast.

Since the poster is specifically asking for bread suggestions, why do you feel the need to be contrary and say "no bread at all"? Don't post if you're going to be unhelpful.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I keep Arnold sandwich thins in the house and thomas light english muffins or sara lee or pepperidge farm light bread. I've found that the price on bread is significantly less on these items at my local BJ wholesale club than at the grocery store. Those breads freeze well too especially if you plan on toasting them anyway...so if I see them on sale I buy extra.

My kids love the sandwich thins...something about their sandwich being a circle. :)