Grocery/Food Costs

Options
2»

Replies

• mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It has worked out to be about the same as we don't spend money eating out. We take a lunch daily, we cook breakfast and dinner at home most days. So even though my grocery bill is higher, it because we are eating more meals at home so the money we would spend eating out seems to cover that increase. The hardest part is going to the store more often because we eat more fresh foods and don't want to over purchase because they will go bad.
  • bellyboosmom
    bellyboosmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    At first, I thought I was spending more. But then I started looking at it closer. For instance, I used to spend $35 to $50 a week on lunch alone by eating fast food everyday. Now that I am packing my lunch everyday, I am averaging spending less than $10 a week. That is at least $100 monthly savings right there. Since I was eating dinner out several nights a week as well, I am probably saving another $200 a month there. That gives me about a $75 weekly surplus to buy healthy foods. All in all, I don't think I am saving much financially, but I am saving my life, so every penny is worth it.