Blood pressure finally normal...

Options
I have had very high blood pressure for years (been on tablets for 2 years to try and lower it). Throughout this year I have been dieting and going to the gym most days.

I've just had my first blood pressure test this year and it has finally entered the realms of normality.

Feels so good knowing my body is getting better in other ways, it makes the commitment to this new lifestyle that much stronger for me. Can you tell I'm happy? :smile:

Replies

• SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The journey of weight loss is so much more than fitting into new clothes. It IS for your health and it's nice to see that it's working in ways that aren't the scale. Keep up your hard work!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I am sure your physician was pleased to see this change as well. Keep up your hard work and I wish you continued success in your life changing health style!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    That is awesome. Great work!
  • aisha11188
    Options
    Great job! My BP is still high though and I was told by Dr to stoip my exercise :-( Might be due to exam stress but will gradually by put on10mg tablets.
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and well done. I have been on bp tabs for the past 2 years as well. First I had high bp and they thought it was the contraceptive pill, went off that and hubby had the snip, I still have high bp. Lost my weight the first time 5 or so years ago, I got down to 68kg and it was very hard for me to maintain, but my bp was still high at that weight. My mum has high bp and drs say it is hereditary. I think I am doomed with the high bp but I am still going to lose my weight again this time and endeavour to keep it off, high bp or not. :smile: Is there anything in particular you ate or did that you think lowered your bp? Do you mind if I ask how old you are and M/F? I am 44 F.
  • theresea1231
    theresea1231 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Same here! After losing 16 pounds I was able to get off the meds I've been taking for seven years!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Congratulations and well done. I have been on bp tabs for the past 2 years as well. First I had high bp and they thought it was the contraceptive pill, went off that and hubby had the snip, I still have high bp. Lost my weight the first time 5 or so years ago, I got down to 68kg and it was very hard for me to maintain, but my bp was still high at that weight. My mum has high bp and drs say it is hereditary. I think I am doomed with the high bp but I am still going to lose my weight again this time and endeavour to keep it off, high bp or not. :smile: Is there anything in particular you ate or did that you think lowered your bp? Do you mind if I ask how old you are and M/F? I am 44 F.

I'm a 39 yo male. It was stopping almost all junk food but I think importantly it is the gym work I do. I work on endurance rather than strength (Elliptical and treadmills) but I do it every day except Fri/Sat and push myself further every week.

I have a heart monitor (seemed wise considering the high bp) and when I first started running my heart beat was hitting 185pm but over the weeks I noticed it getting lower and lower to the point where even after a hard session on a treadmill my HB is 135-150pm. I did start to think that if my body is getting stronger would it impact my BP and it has.

I can't say for sure what the main thing was but I do put much less junk in my body and I work out a lot :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!