25 Minutes Nonstop!

Options
jlking
jlking Posts: 29 Member
I finished week 6 of C25K last night, running for 25 minutes straight. If someone had told me 6 weeks ago that I would be running for 25 minutes, I would have thought it some rude, vile, nasty joke. This probably seems like nothing to some of you, but it is a big deal to me!

Replies

• Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Great job! That is so inspiring! I can't seem to get past week 6 for some reason. You're doing awesome, keep it up!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :noway: get out... really?? that is fanFREAKINtastic girl!!

WTG!!! So proud of you!!:love:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I'm so proud of you. I did the 20 minutes nonstop last Friday and got very sick. I am looking at increasing my time gradually and hopefully can run 30 minutes the week of my 5K. I had to veer off the program just a little because going from 8 minutes to 20 was just too big a leap for me. I hope to make it 20 minutes solid next week and keep going until I can run 3 miles without stopping.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is such an awesome feeling when you accomplish something you never thought was possible :smile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's is so encouraging to hear.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    well done to you.As someone that couldnt run for 25 seconds that is fab! Ive an old injury and my ankle just gives under e if I try.Well done you
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    well done to you.As someone that couldnt run for 25 seconds that is fab! Ive an old injury and my ankle just gives under e if I try.Well done you
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    That's truly Impressive !

It is a big deal infact its AWESOME

I completed W1D2 last night so have a small appreciation of what you have accomplished

Keep up the good work.

D3 here I come :O)
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Huge Congrats!

And Thank You for posting. I'm in week four and well, I was surprised I made 5 minutes. I'm so hoping that I'll make 25!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Huge Congrats!

And Thank You for posting. I'm in week four and well, I was surprised I made 5 minutes. I'm so hoping that I'll make 25!

Same here!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    congrats! i'm just on week 2 - i'm actually repeating it over because i don't think i'm ready for week 3 yet - and it's great to see your progress! hopefully i'll follow in your footsteps!
  • jlking
    jlking Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I hope all of you keep it up on the c25k. If I can do it, anybody can. I'm sure that I'm going to hit some roadblocks in weeks 7, 8, and 9. I will keep you updated.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    My next work out is w6d3- yup the dreaded 25 min run. I had a SUPER hard time the 20 min run in week 5 and thought I was going to die...it took me like 3 weeks to get past it! Now here is week 6 day 3 staring me in the face...thanks for posting I hope I will be as succesful as you were!

GREAT JOB!!!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Great! I can run like 30 seconds! That is so awesome!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's all I can say. That is a huge accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself! I'm in the same boat. I never thought of myself as a runner but I am doing w6d3 tomorrow! So excited for your success!! :smile:
  • jmarie66
    jmarie66 Posts: 17
    Options
    :flowerforyou: you know I thought a few days ago that walking a mile on the treadmill felt like 10 miles for me. I can do it now in 22 minutes at 2.6mph with a couple of minutes warmup and slowdown each way. One day I will go a whole hour...but this works for me right now and I say KUDOS to everyone and what they can do no matter how slow you start out. Baby steps!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    That's huge, way to go! I get to week 6 and start over going faster, LOL. Someday I'll get to 20 mins :)
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    awesome! way to go! I couldn't get past week 7 twice, so I quit the program well over a year ago. I can run now for 30 mins straight, but I would recommend couch25k to anyone. I think it's an awesome facilitator for jogging and I think it's inspirational you're sticking to it :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Dude, that's awesome!!!! Congratulations and good job! :happy:
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well done and congrats. I hope to do c24k one day. Right now I'm just way too out of shape and heavy. I don't want to ruin my knees. But it is very inspiring to hear of your type of success, it gets me excited just thinking about being able to accomplish what you have.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!