I need a safe metabolism boost

Options
I used to take acai berry fuel extreme. It wasgiven to me, I'd never EVER pay that much for a metabolism booster... It helped me so much. I also take a multi vitamin.. I took the last 2 acaiberry pills last week and I've been so drained ever since..

I tried the generic brand, to no avail..

I don't want a magic diet pill, or fat burner.. just something to get my energy level up..

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    exercise is the safest exercise boost there is. I lost twice the weight when I worked out 1st thing in the morning. It revs your engine and you burn more for hours.

want another throughout the day? walk up a few flights of stairs.

Good luck!
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Thanks, I typically walk first thing in the morning..Maybe I should kick it up.. it's a 2 mile walk and it wakes me about 45 minutes.. maybe I should try for a half hour tomorrow..

I walk/jog all day long at work, chasing my two year old, at the park, going for walks, biking etc. I just FEEL like crap..

It's only been a week tho', maybe I'm getting sick and just don't realize it..
    exercise is the safest exercise boost there is. I lost twice the weight when I worked out 1st thing in the morning. It revs your engine and you burn more for hours.

Good luck!
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    exercise is the safest exercise boost there is.

Agreed. You body is probably having to readjust from the lack of what you were taking. It really isn't healthy to take extra pills for weight loss or energy. Vitamens are one thing, but anything that "boosts", in my opinion, should be out.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Shakeology has acai berry in it AND many vitamins and minerals. Take a look at the ingredients list. Go to www.muffintopnomore.com, click on Shakeology, go to the bottom of the page and click on the pdf link of the ingredients.
    Risa
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Lift weights.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If the pills helped you so much...buy some!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I've heard chilli boosts the metabolism
  • Whiskey5JDA
    Options
    have you tried chromium picconate. it is a mineral that heps the body metabolize food better
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    If you are looking for energy then you need a good multivit. You said you take one, but if it is one of those target/walmart type vitamins those usually don't have enough support to really do anything. Invest in a good one. I like Solgar brand, evn GNC is ok, but it's not my top pick. If your multi doesn't have at least 100% of the RDA, supplement with a B complex vit. The B's are where we get our boost. Just make sure you don't take a multi with iron since you can become toxic with iron.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    What about natural metabolism boosters? Water, Chilli, Mustard, Green Tea, Caffeine and Oxygen!! :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I typically walk first thing in the morning..Maybe I should kick it up.. it's a 2 mile walk and it wakes me about 45 minutes.. maybe I should try for a half hour tomorrow..

I walk/jog all day long at work, chasing my two year old, at the park, going for walks, biking etc. I just FEEL like crap..

It's only been a week tho', maybe I'm getting sick and just don't realize it..

Good luck!

If it were me I would take weights-2 lbs in each hand. You can even carry a 1 lb soup can.......hey, it works :laugh:

I tested with my heart rate monitor on 2 days with as close to the same set up as I could get. Time, food, temp.......

On day one I walked my usual trip 2 miles with arms at my side. Burned about 250 calories
    On day two I carried my weights and did bicep curls, tricep kick backs and then just up over my head for shoulders and stuff........nothing planned, just moving.

Well I burned 400 calories!!

Not only that but my HR went up the higher my arms went..........weird, but when I did shoulders for a minute my HR went up 15-20 beats per minute. Makes such a big difference.

Keep up the good work!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Caffeine - I can always get a terrific workout after a good cup of coffee.

I also take guarana which is a natural meta booster -- Jillian Michaels recommends it in her book and it does help.