Options

Replies

• arsec4
    arsec4 Posts: 22
    Options
    175 cal for 3/4 cup cereal with 2% milk, 110 cal for OJ

Then like 200-300 cal for lunch

Then 200-400 for dinner

Fill in with 90-150 cal snacks in between!

*Note: Caffeine and Fiber-my magic formula. Fiber keeps you full, caffeine wards off hunger pains. Oh, and drink 1/2 oz of water for every lb you weigh. That'll do it too! :)
  • courtshort86
    Options
    I have heard your biggest meal is supposed to be breakfast. But then I guess that depends how you divide up your meals.

I try to get in my "biggest" meals in the morning, and as the day progresses I eat lighter and lighter. And I never eat after 8 pm.

Also, since I eat the heaviest or most in the morning...this gives me time not to feel so "pouchy" and I don't feel full or sluggish at the gym.
  • Elli126
    Elli126 Posts: 28
    Options
    I stay right around 300. I never used to eat breakfast and once I started, the weight started falling off. Try to add in some protein to keep you full. My new favorite balanced breakfast is:

1 egg (organic, cage-free/omega 3) or 1/2 cup liquid egg whites with one cup baby spinach
    1/2 cup blueberries (gotta get those antioxidants)
    1/2 Thomas Whole Wheat mini-bagel w/ 1 Tbsp all natural peanut butter
    coffee

This is just under 300 cals and a great mix of carbs, protein, fiber. Also counts as two servings of fruits/veggies. Keeps me full for quite a while.

My breakfast was high around 400 calories however I have modified it to around 200. I usually have porrige oats as it fills me up for longer... but struggle to get ideas for breakfast. I don't eat eggs and struggle to add protein. Any ideas would be great.

Elli
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    wow @ the ****fest this turned into.

btw, for all those who are "concerned" thinking she is eating too high, just read her comments. She actually says in a different post on a different day that she is not going to weigh herself for a while until she finds a proper scale. hence why her ticker hasn't moved since joining

anyway, love all the ideas in this post. i forgot how good smoothies are for breakfast
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    My breakfast was high around 400 calories however I have modified it to around 200. I usually have porrige oats as it fills me up for longer... but struggle to get ideas for breakfast. I don't eat eggs and struggle to add protein. Any ideas would be great.

Elli

I struggled majorly too. I do eat eggs, but I like to spice it up a bit. I've recently discovered greek yogurt and cottage cheese for breakfast. The Chobani greek yogurts have between 14-18grams of protein for a 6 oz. serving and the Hood Low Fat/No Salt Added cottage cheese has 14g of protein for 1/2 cup serving. The cottage cheese texture is sort of weird for me, so I cut up strawberries and mix them in :)
  • cynicaltwat
    Options
    I plan my breakfast around when I will be working out and how hard I anticipate working out. Regardless of caloric intake, I try to balance my elements-- but I do tend to focus on fiber intake and protein to continue the feeling of fullness. I am a fiber junkie though... I think pooping is great and I think there would be a lot less retentive, angry people out there if they could just relax and embrace the regularity of movement.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Options
    they say that breakfast should be 30% of your total daily calorie allowance. I normally have under 200 calories though, just depends on what cereal I eat: but it is nearly always cereal or porridge (on occasion i'll have a softboiled egg and toast... yummmmm) xxx
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    I aim for 300-400 calories of eggs, whole wheat bread, a banana or bowl of oatmeal.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I am usually between 250 and 300 or so.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 200-300.
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do have about 250 ,
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    wow @ the ****fest this turned into.

btw, for all those who are "concerned" thinking she is eating too high, just read her comments. She actually says in a different post on a different day that she is not going to weigh herself for a while until she finds a proper scale. hence why her ticker hasn't moved since joining

anyway, love all the ideas in this post. i forgot how good smoothies are for breakfast
    :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Simply another day of drama in the life of MFP when someone steps on toes (OUCH) and then mightly tries to defend themselves and blame others instead of a true apology!:huh: :ohwell:

Sometimes it's best to say nothing at all if you have a concern on what someone eats or doesn't, or write a personal note of concern instead of pointing out someone's weight situation on the forums (since I don't believe she even asked for advice, if she had it might be different) sometimes it can make a person feel a bit embarrassed if they are the topic of a whole thread. Maybe it's time you let it drop from your perspective allykat8, just a thought:huh:

I applaud all of you that have been kind in words for the member that allykat8 'supposedly' was concerned about.

I realize the internet is not the easiest place to communicate because we don't hear what the poster's emotion really is. But the words spoken first and then again and again and again, I think we may all have gotten your point now.:huh: You don't want us to blame you for something you may now wish you hadn't brought up. A little too late...:huh:

You prefer to eat less than others and you want to make sure we all are aware of that! Got it!

OK then!:tongue: .......I think we all got your message loud and clear:noway: :huh::yawn:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 290 for breakfast
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    So far it goes between 700 and 1100 calories and is most of the time the biggest calorie meal for me.

I just looked at your diary. Your daily goal is 3,220 calories!!! :noway: That seems extremely HIGH and I do not think you are going to see weight loss or a change in your body if you are consuming that many calories and especially breakfasts at 700-1100 calories :noway:

I write this out of concern for you and your health.

I have to agree with you even though some think you are judging. I don't know this person but if she is trying to lose 100 kg that is approx 220lbs. Not sure what this will take her too and not up to me to judge. I think that since she has joined in March and has lost nothing it was nice of you to point this out. Don't feel badly about voicing concern. As soon as I read her post I felt concern for her health.

And to answer your question I eat less than 200 calories for breakfast and then a snack about 1 1/2 - 2 hours later.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    to put things in perspective and why there was a good reason for concern: a 6' 10" female that is 25 yrs old and weighs 500 lbs will have a BMR just under 3,100 calories.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

using the mpf calculator, her bmr is 3,173 (using her actual height of 1.9m or 6' 3" and weight of 250kg or 500 pounds; i didn't know her age so i used 25 for the sake of consistancy). the calorie consumption of 3,220 seems spot on to me.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Major FYI everyone: just because someone is eating 3000 calories a day and using MFP, does NOT mean that MFP gave them those numbers. Which means that all of you who mentioned "trusting" MFP are most likely uninformed about how this site works. You can customize your own caloric needs (which is what I do) as I think 1200 net calories is too little for me...even though I'm 128 and 5' 3 3/4". So the system is not necessarily telling her to eat that many calories...she could be customizing her own goals.

Not judging what she does/doesn't do, but it irks me when people pretend they know how this site works and they don't. If you're going by what MFP recommends, then fine...but MFP doesn't know you or your body and your own needs may be different that when it deems them to be. Don't be ignorant and stick with 1200 because MFP recommends it.

Back to the subject...I eat between 270-350 calories for breakfast. Ideally, I'd love to hit 400+ but I'm not super hungry in the morning.

Just FYI on how the site works :wink: ... You can click the number beside how many posts a member has contributed and find this in a previous post by Chandnikhondji:

Hello,

i am having a very draining discussion with a so called "diet expert" among my acquaintances, who makes me feel very bad right now after i felt all high and good about yesterday's success.

She tells me that nobody with eating more calories than 1800 could ever lose weight and questions every step i take because of me being way over her announced limit which is like she said "scientificly proved".

Now i calculated the stuff here on the Homepage and try to keep that in my mind which after her is so totally wrong because it is way too high. I am 1.90 meters tall, 250 kg heavy and almost never move. I would be happy with losing one pound a week already so that is what i put into the calculator for the Goals and it gave me the limits:

Net Calories Consumed* / Day 3,720 calories/day
    Carbs / Day 512 g
    Fat / Day 124 g
    Protein / Day 140 g

So :tongue: . Yall can lay off now.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    So far it goes between 700 and 1100 calories and is most of the time the biggest calorie meal for me.

I just looked at your diary. Your daily goal is 3,220 calories!!! :noway: That seems extremely HIGH and I do not think you are going to see weight loss or a change in your body if you are consuming that many calories and especially breakfasts at 700-1100 calories :noway:

I write this out of concern for you and your health.

I have to agree with you even though some think you are judging. I don't know this person but if she is trying to lose 100 kg that is approx 220lbs. Not sure what this will take her too and not up to me to judge. I think that since she has joined in March and has lost nothing it was nice of you to point this out. Don't feel badly about voicing concern. As soon as I read her post I felt concern for her health.

And to answer your question I eat less than 200 calories for breakfast and then a snack about 1 1/2 - 2 hours later.

and as i've stated before, if you're going as far as to look at her diary, viewing the comments she's left shows she's not weighing in for a while due to scale reasons. That's why her ticker isn't moving.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! I have to say that a 700-1000 calorie breakfast would be absolutely appropriate for someone of that size, hunny, private message me, cause girl I can so help you out. I eat 500-600 calories for my breakfast alone, I don't know how anyone can survive on less then 400, i'd be chewing my own arm off :laugh: , I eat 400 for lunch and another 300 for dinner and 2-3 snacks, hovering between 100-250 calories. Currently I have a client who is 452lbs and she's consuming 3050calories a day and has lost 9lbs in 4 weeks. With help in the gym of course not just by diet alone, If you were to drastically cut a severely obese (sorry for that term, no other way to put it) persons caloric intake to 1200-1800 range, there is no chance for success, not to mention health risks associated with that severe of a change.