Elliptical question

workingitout
workingitout Posts: 105 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
When I use the elliptical at the Y, the setup is: choose a program (I usually choose #5, glutes), enter your age, enter your weight, how long you want to do it, and then you start. It never asks me about what intensity level or how hard I want to work. But I read other people's posts about elliptical levels, like "Today I did 40 minutes on level 19". How can I increase the intensity as I get better and better at doing the elliptical? Can you give me some setup tips because I want to keep working hard! Thanks.

Replies

• hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Since there are so many different manufactures of these machines, it would be tough to help without actually knowing which one you are using. I would suggest asking someone at your Y that is familiar with the equipment to help you program it the first time. The one I personally use at my gym has a "level" setting which is an option for most settings.

Good luck.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Maybe you should try it in manual mode. Then you may possibly be able to adjust the level.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    I ditto what hawkeye said.

Suggestion also: I never use the programs because what I can do in a day changes and the machines are horrible at reading heart rate to keep at the right intensity. So I fiddle around with the level myself depending on what my body can handle and what my goals are (cardio v fat burn etc).
This discussion has been closed.